Honored Contributor

Re: MOROCCANOIL HAIR PRODUCTS

@aggravated wrote:

Hi, @Shanus.  I too am hooked.  Love the moisure + repair shampoo and conditioner and consider these products a must have and absoslutely no substitutes ever.  The weekly conditioner is the bomb.  The change in my hair has been dramatic.  Also use the smoothing cream.  Bought but not used yet the process protect (have some Alterna to finish up).  The hairsprays, however, were my only disappointment as there was not enough hold in even their strongest and use my Paul Mitchell extra body/extra hold.  Their body shampoo is tempting but quite expensive.  I do absolutely love their hair products.  If you shop on their website a sample is included with most purchases and you accumulate points to use towards future purchases.

@aggravated   I’ll spend some more of your money...their clarifying shampoo is tops! I use it a few times a week to clean my scalp and hair from all the mousse, sprays, etc. 

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

DON'T LET THE SCENT CON YOU on this brand. I've used a lot of Morcannoil products and did so for sometime. Until I met a hairdresser than changed my opinion on them. She noticed my hair was not only drier, the porosity had even changed (from a healthy porosity to a low porosity). It eventually took out my curls. At first it looked great and smooth, an less fly aways, less frizz.....but after using it for about say 8 months my hair took a turn for the worse.

1) it is FULL of cheap oils with little to no percentage of actual argan oil. The oil in it is mostly cheap filler like linseed and synthetic. Fake oil.

2)  It is full of silicones and the very heavy kinds that eventually weigh down all hair types even straight hair. 

3) it is full of synthetic manufactured scent (is like  the 4th ingredient on the list)which can damage hair.

4) it has tons of sulfates on top of it.

It has very cheap, mediocre ingredients but with a heavy price. Its ingredients are no better than a drug store brand.

The scent fools people into buying because lets face it the scent is amazing and maybe the best smelling hair products around but the quality is very poor. Here is an article on it

https://kjbennett.com/moroccan-oil-treatment/

there are tons of other articles calling them out on their low quality ingredients for a professional price it is basically a ripoff.

Valued Contributor

@Ms tyrion2 wrote:

Note to those following the Curly Girl Method...

MorrocanOil contains silicones. That makes it a no for me.

It contains all kind of bad sauce, even for straight haired people.