Honored Contributor

I loved Ojon and now Tweak’d. I’ve worn Josie’s oil and Tarte mascara (purple leather-like tube). I’m now using Peel Pads from PTR, who also has mud masks.

What’s with all the rare nuts and oils gathered from the deepest soils of foreign lands or rare trees, ingredients foraged from Amazon river banks and taken from altitudes in the Himalayas where the air is the most pure?

Surely, we have similar potent additives in labs right under our noses. More hype?

Super Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

I loved Ojon and now Tweak’d. I’ve worn Josie’s oil and Tarte mascara (purple leather-like tube). I’m now using Peel Pads from PTR, who also has mud masks.

What’s with all the rare nuts and oils gathered from the deepest soils of foreign lands or rare trees, ingredients foraged from Amazon river banks and taken from altitudes in the Himalayas where the air is the most pure?

Surely, we have similar potent additives in labs right under our noses. More hype?

Shanus, I prefer using products with natural ingredients as opposed to synthetic ones.  I feel that they are safer and probably do have more healing properties than lab created ingredients.

I am currently using WEN but am very interested in trying the Tweak'd by Nature line.  I'm in my late 50s with fine, dry/frizzy ends and a slightly oily scalp.  Would you recommend Tweak'd for my hair type?

Super Contributor

I was actually wondering this more with relation to cooking. Found out that it's becoming easier to find high quality cold-pressed oils made from crops grown in North America. The one I found is Camelina Oil. I've only cooked with it, but I'm pretty sure there's skin care benefits with it.

Super Contributor

@RipleyGirl wrote:

I was actually wondering this more with relation to cooking. Found out that it's becoming easier to find high quality cold-pressed oils made from crops grown in North America. The one I found is Camelina Oil. I've only cooked with it, but I'm pretty sure there's skin care benefits with it.

Did you mean Camellia oil?  Tatcha, I believe, uses Camellia oil.   There are a lot  of natural oils have skin care benefits.

Respected Contributor

@Shanus...Josie now has CBD oil...she describes plants its grown from...supposedly for stressed skin.  I honestly don't know what to think about all these rare claimed ingredients .  As for myself,   I would proceed with great caution,  and if I even thought to try this, I would have to ask my skin drs at Mayo (as they only reccomend Vanicream)...I keep in my mind...my drs are adamant about gentle skin care...less complicated ingredients,  seem best.   What's next🙄

Super Contributor

It's actually Camelina Oil. I thought it was the same as Camelia when I first heard about it too. Here's Wikipedia's definition of it (so actually not a native of NA but does grow here).

"Camelina is a genus within the flowering plant family Brassicaceae. The Camelina species, commonly known as false flax, are native to Mediterranean regions of Europe and Asia. Most species of this genus have been little studied, with the exception of Camelina sativa, historically cultivated as oil plant"

I think in the hype about oils, people maybe don't realize high quality oils of all types can be beneficial. Sometimes they need to be mixed to make them more suitable for skincare. Don't get me wrong, I like argan oil, but there's plenty of others out there too.

@lavenderfields wrote:

@RipleyGirl wrote:

Did you mean Camellia oil?  Tatcha, I believe, uses Camellia oil.   There are a lot  of natural oils have skin care benefits.

Honored Contributor

@lavenderfields wrote:

@Shanus wrote:

Shanus, I prefer using products with natural ingredients as opposed to synthetic ones.  I feel that they are safer and probably do have more healing properties than lab created ingredients.

I am currently using WEN but am very interested in trying the Tweak'd by Nature line.  I'm in my late 50s with fine, dry/frizzy ends and a slightly oily scalp.  Would you recommend Tweak'd for my hair type?

@lavenderfields  My hair’s grey/white, kind of fine, dry and curly, but I can’t imagine Tweak’d not being good for anyone....no cones, so sulfates and hydrating. 

Honored Contributor

@Dazlin wrote:

@Shanus...Josie now has CBD oil...she describes plants its grown from...supposedly for stressed skin.  I honestly don't know what to think about all these rare claimed ingredients .  As for myself,   I would proceed with great caution,  and if I even thought to try this, I would have to ask my skin drs at Mayo (as they only reccomend Vanicream)...I keep in my mind...my drs are adamant about gentle skin care...less complicated ingredients,  seem best.   What's next🙄

@DazlinDid my Vanicream treatment last night for the 1st time. Miraculous!

Respected Contributor

I really love using oils.  I've been using Tamanu oil since Lauren Hutton sold it years ago on HSN and told her story of it reducing her scaring after her accident.  It's wonderful.  I've recommended it to both friends and several doctors, and they agree that it does reduce scars.  I also use argan, baobab and marula.   I do love Joyce Giraud's oil with Moringa, Argan, Buriti and Maracuja oils.  It absorbs beautifully and feels so good on the skin. I always purchase whenever she has a special. 

Trusted Contributor

Yes, and moving beyond the beauty arena - I caught that (whom seems to be) honest gentlemen selling My Pillows hawking his new sheets, using only -- wait for it, wait for it -- cotton sourced from some indigenous area of the world. 

My goodness!  All's fair in sales and MORE SALES I guess!!!  HahaHaHaha