Honored Contributor

Beauty shows used to be my absolute favorite shows to watch. But no longer, you can't get a good idea of colors/shades. A lot of the hosts are so busy talking about cost savings, that they forget to swipe colors, or they never let the vendor talk about shades. 

Also one of my biggest pet peeves is not asking the models the shades they are wearing, so if you could identify with one of them. It is so frustrating, so I rarely watch. I will say that Tarte is very good with showing before and afters with bare face and full face.....

Honored Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

@rnmom   I can do a bare face to a finished face in less than 30 minutes.....and that's foundation to mascara...the entire look. The only reason to start the presentation with models made up is not a time issue, but rather a "fool the eye" issue and confuse the outcome of the products.

I want to see foundation applied to see how many layers it actually takes to achieve the look...the same w/ blush, concealers, mascara and shadows. 

The hosts who appear with 60's makeup and then pile on even more are a turn off for me. NO SALE for me.

And the average presentation time is around 3 mins.