Trusted Contributor

@Shanus  What a great tip! Thank you!

"Dogs heal hearts they never broke"
RIP Lexi aka "Momma" 1/15/24
Valued Contributor
@Shanus thanks for the tip. I tried the “under over” mineral veil that came with a complexion rescue set a few yrs ago and i ended up orange. Hopefully the original mineral veil will work better.
Respected Contributor

@Kabella wrote:

@Favorite Son  I agree that Baremineral original foundation is the best! It does need buffing on to the skin & does not look like a powder. Leslie, the founder demonstrated it the best! If applied correctly it does not exagerate lines at all.                                         I got a free sample with purchase of Erborian BB Cream. It was white & it was suppose to turn into your natural skin tone. Sound like the one you have has different Shades? I don't use the original Mineral Veil, I do have the hydrating veil which I sometimes use sparingly over the Complexion Rescue

My Erborian product is the BB cream in the light shade.  I got it from Sephora.  There are only three shades.  I shied away from that color changing product because most of the time it seems like color changing products are far too dark or too orange for my fair complexion and pink tinted skin.  I also use Peter Thomas Roth CC cream in the light.

Esteemed Contributor

@SilleeMee  There is a tinted version of Mineral Veil, but imo Original is the most translucent.  I have a caramel brown skintone and can wear Original without looking ashy.  As with all BareMinerals powders buffing is the key to the best set on the skin.  

Honored Contributor

Thanks @Trix . Might give the tinted one a whirl....pun intended. LOL!Woman Very Happy

Esteemed Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

Thanks @Trix . Might give the tinted one a whirl....pun intended. LOL!Woman Very Happy

@SilleeMee You're welcomeWoman Happy

Valued Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

Just purchased another jar. I use a light layer, especially in warmer weather. I use a fluffy brush to sweep a bit after serums, moisturizer and spf to give me a slightly drier start before my Original Foundation. It seems to prevent the foundation from dragging or glitching on damp spots. 

Thank you so much for this tip, I tried this today and it worked beautifully!! I have never really been a huge fan of mineral veil but always end up with multiple jars due to buying kits and such but always hated to throw away perfectly new products. Now I will be using my mineral veil daily!👍

Honored Contributor

@cactusjack wrote:

@Shanus wrote:

Just purchased another jar. I use a light layer, especially in warmer weather. I use a fluffy brush to sweep a bit after serums, moisturizer and spf to give me a slightly drier start before my Original Foundation. It seems to prevent the foundation from dragging or glitching on damp spots. 

Thank you so much for this tip, I tried this today and it worked beautifully!! I have never really been a huge fan of mineral veil but always end up with multiple jars due to buying kits and such but always hated to throw away perfectly new products. Now I will be using my mineral veil daily!👍

@cactusjack  Happy to help. I came upon this “trick” years ago when I couldn’t get my original bare minerals to go on smoothly because I use so much moisturizer/spf. I figured there must be a way! A YouTube suggested either usinging your blow dryer on cool setting to dry down skin care before powder foundations or using a light dusting of setting powder. Instead of the white setting powder I have, I tried MV, very finely milled, and it worked great. ***I use a cream concealer and don’t apply the powder foundation or MV over that. I go just up to the concealer. If foundation and concealer are a close match, there’s no obvious line between them.