Honored Contributor

Re: MICRONEEDLING * CAN SOMEONE GIVE THE CLIFF NOTES VERSION OF USING?

@wagirl 

It's a procedure. I've had it professionally (a derm) done several times and it was there where I learned how to do it correctly. I also own a book about it, written by another professional. Of course it's not for everyone but for those who have ventured to do it, they have had positive results from it, myself included. If you've read my posts regarding this subject then you'll find more answers...the redness, the types of devices used and for what purpose.

Super Contributor

Thank you for the info. I totally get what you are saying . I am going to try the .5mm 194.. ( I am too chicken to go any higher ever)I am going to try it without numbing cream. Not sure how to use numbing cream. Do you recommend numbing cream? Where do you post all of your info? They say to roll over face no longer than 10 minutes but watch your face..  I will take it slow at first..  What do you use after or before your needling?  I have been watching You tube and getting some good info. I dont bother with anyone that is not mature or informative. I work for a pharmacuetical company so I am very particular. Again sagging near the jaw is my worst area. I just wish my skin was tighter.. I dont do any botox, or fillers etc..Thanks again.

Super Contributor

Also what is the book you have that is very informative that you mentioned? Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@beauty0125 

Numbing creams will cause blood vessels near the surface of the skin to contract. Collagen formation relies on good blood circulation and if you take that away by using a numbing cream then you defeat the purpose of needling to induce collagen. I don't recommend using numbing creams for facial needling.

The book I was referring to is:

Holistic Microneedling

Book by Anthony Kingston

That book takes you through a natural approach to needling. It goes beyond technique and includes explanations about natural healing and how to achieve the best results from needling. The book talks about how the body works as a whole and not just on the surface. It's not heavy into technical stuff nor is it difficult to understand. It's written for the average person. After I read the book, it made me look at needling in a different light...a good one. 
Super Contributor

Thank you very much! Helpful I will just grin an bare it!

Super Contributor

Another idea I was thinking especially for the first time using this 194 needle .5mm. I might the first night just do half my face ( so I see how it goes and it is bareable).. then the next night do the other side. The wait about 2 weeks to do it again. 

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

@SilleeMee I've been reading all of your posts, and I am learning a lot.  I also bought the book you mentioned.  Do you still use the White Lotus Beauty hypoallergenic roller?  If yes, can you tell me how often you replace it, since it appears to be all one unit - no option to replace the head/rollers?  Thank you for all of the helpful info.  I really appreciate it!

Honored Contributor

@Jen44 wrote:

@SilleeMee I've been reading all of your posts, and I am learning a lot.  I also bought the book you mentioned.  Do you still use the White Lotus Beauty hypoallergenic roller?  If yes, can you tell me how often you replace it, since it appears to be all one unit - no option to replace the head/rollers?  Thank you for all of the helpful info.  I really appreciate it!

@Jen44 

Oh, I'm glad that you are finding my posts helpful! Woman Happy

I haven't used my WL roller for about a year. I've been using stainless steel with the 540 needles on them. The WL rollers are excellent but I want more needles meaning I don't have to roll over the skin as much as I would with rollers with less needles as you find with the WL rollers. Otherwise they are still a good option for people with metal sensitivities or metal allergies b/c those are not metal but all plastic...

The WL rollers will last a year if used according to their instructions of once-monthly treatments (12 uses). That's the same as most good quality rollers will last. WL and most other rollers are disposable where there are no replacement parts. Some manufacturers make ones where you can buy replacement heads, for example GloPro, but usually with that kind you'll pay more for the replacements plus you'll need to stay with the brand to make sure the head fits on the handle. It's just easier to buy a entirely disposable device and that way you aren't committed to buying a brand.

That WL book is a very good guide book. I like the holistic approach it takes you through and it offers info which goes beyond just needling...whole body health.

Valued Contributor

@SilleeMee  Thank you very much!!!

Honored Contributor

You're welcome Woman Happy @Jen44