Honored Contributor

Re: MICRONEEDLING * CAN SOMEONE GIVE THE CLIFF NOTES VERSION OF USING?

Is the GLO PRO TSV a good value and a good thing to use that shows results?  

I have never used anything like that product on my face..thanks.

Honored Contributor

@Mom2Dogs wrote:

Is the GLO PRO TSV a good value and a good thing to use that shows results?  

I have never used anything like that product on my face..thanks.

@Mom2Dogs 

The GP tool is a good quality device and if you've never used something like that then I would say it's a good place to start especially with the free s&h. If you don't care for it, send it back. But to be honest, that tool is expensive for what you are getting. I can find quality disposable devices for much less and they do the same thing. Price range for most quality rollers is around $10 to $20 or a bit more per device, depending on where you buy them. 

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee   Thanks for the advice...maybe I will look around to see if I can find a similar tool.  I do need some extra exfoliation....no matter what I do (never have used any tools) or use as far as creams, there are always small flakes on my forehead, nose and eye area.

Honored Contributor

@Mom2Dogs 

If you want to find a similar type device, look for a stainless steel, 0.25mm size with 540 needles on the roller. There are many choices on amazon for those and many cost less than $15. If you are going to use your roller often then you need to replace it about every 3 months. Clean your roller b&a each use with 70% rubbing alcohol, let air dry before using it. Store rollers in a closed container once it has dried. If you ever drop the roller on it's head, do not use it...needles will most likely be bent and not fit for use so toss it.

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee ...again, I appreciate your wealth of knowledge.

Super Contributor

Hello Silleemee.. Thank you much for your great info and I took notes from your posts.  I am 60 years old and luckly look a fair amount younger a very few to no wrinkles but I want it to stay that way. A few questions as I am somewhat new to this. I ordered a new 194 real needle .5mm from Gin Amber and will be trying that out. I have been using a .5mm 540 needle and for a while with glo pro in between. What is the difference between the 194 and 540?There is different opinions if the smaller amount of needles is good or larger. It would only make sense that the smaller amount of needles may work better but also hurt more.  Also since you are so knowledgeable what brands do you use. Lastly, I am hoping to keep using the .5mm but eventually go to .75mm for my jaw line as my issue is the start of sagging. They say you can use the .5mm every 2 weeks. Thank you Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

I have the same question, @SilleeMee , as @beauty0125 ......how many needles on a .5 and a 1.00 would be preferable?  

Amazon has a large variety of titanium, but a smaller choice of stainless steel.  

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Honored Contributor

The 540 rollers do not penetrate to the depth stated on their packaging. In other words, that number of needles tends to inhibit penetration by about a third to a quarter less penetration. For example, if you use a 1.0mm 540 then you'll get about the same penetration as a 0.75mm 194. Closer set needles tend to make it difficult to enter the skin unless you press extra hard which you don't want to do. That's just the nature of rolling with 540s. It's better to go longer when using 540s, for instance go up to a 0.75mm 540 to get 0.5mm 194 penetration. 

I hope I made that clear. Please feel free to ask if you need more explanation.

@beauty0125 

@tends2dogs 

Honored Contributor

I've used all kinds of rollers and stamps in many different lengths and needle counts. I always buy stainless and I always replace them regularly. Good quality devices do not need to cost an arm and a leg. As long as you replace the devices regularly, then you should get the best results possible. It's when you use dull devices where you run into problems, for example, unnecessary redness, excessive flaking and inflammation. Replace your rollers (0.5mm or longer) every 12 to 15 uses

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee ---you say you do this, so do you feel comfortable if I ask a few questions?

Do you do this yourself at home, or have it done? and do you go do a derm dr or an esthetician? How often is this done? and what is the price of this? 

and the part of your info about the collagen--which makes me shudder--- does your face turn red from those blood vessels being punctured? 

In your opinion, what do you think of this TSV product---

Have to say--I don't think this is for me. 

thanks you for any answers and if you don't answer them, I appreciate your info.  can prob google all this too, but like to hear from an actual persons experience.