Honored Contributor

@Shanuswrote:

@winamac1wrote:

@Shanuswrote:

@OKPrincesswrote:

I picked up Philosophy cleanser at Ulta about month ago and the package included micellar water. I wanted to try it. I don’t know or feel the benefits so I’ll use it up and not purchase anymore. 

@OKPrincess  This just be another attempt for this industry to take our money...make us think a product is necessary.

Not necessarily.  Micellar waters are good at removing foundation, etc.  Cleansers usually do not cut through foundations.  One uses one before the foaming cleansers.  IMO

@winamac1 My night time cleanser has always cut through my foundations, IT CC foundation (which is really heavy), waterproof liner and most importantly SPF which is the most difficult to remove.

No one in this country knew about the Korean masks until they appeared in the USA. Now they’re advertised everywhere as a must have part of our skincare. What will be next?

Those finding micellar water or wipes effective are certainly entitled to their opinion. IMO, every item that appears as new in a skincare line, does not mean it’s better than what you’ve been using. If you were satisfied w/ your cleanser before, is another really necessary?

Before I started removing my makeup with a makeup remover, wipe or micellar water, I found traces of makeup on my cottonball when using my clinique step 2!!

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Honored Contributor

@winamac1wrote:

@Shanuswrote:

@winamac1wrote:

@Shanuswrote:

@OKPrincesswrote:

I picked up Philosophy cleanser at Ulta about month ago and the package included micellar water. I wanted to try it. I don’t know or feel the benefits so I’ll use it up and not purchase anymore. 

@OKPrincess  This just be another attempt for this industry to take our money...make us think a product is necessary.

Not necessarily.  Micellar waters are good at removing foundation, etc.  Cleansers usually do not cut through foundations.  One uses one before the foaming cleansers.  IMO

@winamac1 My night time cleanser has always cut through my foundations, IT CC foundation (which is really heavy), waterproof liner and most importantly SPF which is the most difficult to remove.

No one in this country knew about the Korean masks until they appeared in the USA. Now they’re advertised everywhere as a must have part of our skincare. What will be next?

Those finding micellar water or wipes effective are certainly entitled to their opinion. IMO, every item that appears as new in a skincare line, does not mean it’s better than what you’ve been using. If you were satisfied w/ your cleanser before, is another really necessary?

Before I started removing my makeup with a makeup remover, wipe or micellar water, I found traces of makeup on my cottonball when using my clinique step 2!!

@winamac1 I guess your Clinique cleanser was not doing a great job. If I remember correctly, step 1 was cleanser, step 2 was toner and step 3 was the Dramatically Different Moisturizer.....right?

Honored Contributor

I wasn't satisfied with my cleanser, and I just find micellar water quicker and easier to use and more effective than cleansers plus it doesn't leave my face tight or dry feelings. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Honored Contributor

@Shanuswrote:

@winamac1wrote:

@Shanuswrote:

@winamac1wrote:

@Shanuswrote:

@OKPrincesswrote:

@winamac1 I guess your Clinique cleanser was not doing a great job. If I remember correctly, step 1 was cleanser, step 2 was toner and step 3 was the Dramatically Different Moisturizer.....right?

I was not using the Clnique cleanser.  I used many others---PTR, Cerave, Cetaphil, etc.  I just used Step 2 of Clinique.  No cleanser fully removed my makeup, and I don't wear heavy cake makeup.  I just find, personally, that I need a makeup remover.  When I worked at Clinique I also was trained that way--Remove makeup first, then cleanse, step 2 and then step 3.  

If yours is working, then you don't need one.  I have tried many cleansers.  All left traces even after washing.   thus..micellar water or a makeup remover.

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"