Respected Contributor

MD Microderm dermabrasion machine

Has anyone purchased this and if so how long to see any results.  I am not a patient person.  I have used it 5 times and the filter has a lot of white stuff on filter but I do not see any difference in my skin.  I always heard not to tug and pull at skin and this does that with the suction.  I feel like this may be a return.

Respected Contributor

Re: MD Microderm dermabrasion machine

I had the Dr. DEnese device a few years ago.  There was a minimal amount of exfoliation.  I gave it away.

Quarterly I have a microdermabrasion appointment at the dermatologist office:  the aesthetician does the simple procedure.  Since I set up a 3-appointment schedule, it runs $100/ session.   The results are IMMEDIATE.  I apply my makeup on the way out of the office.

The makeup goes on so smoothly and the skin really glows from the stimulation.  ( if you lie on a table surface, ask for a pillow under your knees so the back is comfortable...takes about one hour )

Good Luck !

We make a living by what we get. We make a life by what we give.
Sir Winston Churchill
Trusted Contributor

I found it to ineffective. Sounded good but no results. At least for me. Save your money.
Super Contributor

Tore my skin up big time. I am sixty one, post menopausal and have dry spots which prevent my foundation from going on smoothly. I ordered this gadget and all it did was rough up the dry spots so that flakes of skin with raw areas underneath appeared. When I used it on my marionette lines it looked like I had two, long hickey's.

I used it according to the directions EXACTLY. I used it about five times and there was suction and the diamond tip functioned, but the little round black filters had absolutely NOTHING on them.

I returned it the other day. Maybe its just my skin that didn't respond well, but I had large red welts on my face after use. One of my stepkids asked me if I had acne, and I have not had a pimple in fifty years!

This made my skin so red and raw in spots that I actually didn't even want to go out in public until it healed.

I guess its my skin since other people have had good results.

Super Contributor

I'm unclear on how this works. Does the diamond tip rotate or are you just scraping it along the skin?

Esteemed Contributor

@jlkz wrote:

I had the Dr. DEnese device a few years ago.  There was a minimal amount of exfoliation.  I gave it away.

Quarterly I have a microdermabrasion appointment at the dermatologist office:  the aesthetician does the simple procedure.  Since I set up a 3-appointment schedule, it runs $100/ session.   The results are IMMEDIATE.  I apply my makeup on the way out of the office.

The makeup goes on so smoothly and the skin really glows from the stimulation.  ( if you lie on a table surface, ask for a pillow under your knees so the back is comfortable...takes about one hour )

Good Luck !

I think you are very wise. I would not use this machine on my face for fear I would be doing the procedure incorrectly. I would not want to take a chance that it might damage my skin.

Honored Contributor

@jlkz,   What you do makes a lot of sense.  I would never spend my money on home machines but you made an excellent choice by going to the Dermatologist.  I may try that one day myself.  Cat Very Happy

kindness is strength
Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

I have posted this in "Today's Special Value" Forum. What would happen if you have had Botox or fillers? It may do harm to the results of the Botox and filler treatment. Just a thought. 

Open my heart and you will see, engraved inside, Italy - Robert Browning
Respected Contributor

@BARBIE100

Dont get the procedure right after getting Botox:  there should be no pressure applied to the injected area for a few days to be safe and not undo the benefits.

Have had microdermabrasion procedure prior to the Botox  with great results.

Never had fillers....so I can't offer any comments.

Good Luck if you go for it !

We make a living by what we get. We make a life by what we give.
Sir Winston Churchill
Trusted Contributor

I bought it about a year ago. I noticed nothing. I went through the diamond tips like crazy. However my skin is dry, sun damaged 60 year old skin. If you have good skin to begin with this may help keep your fine lines smoothed out and and keep the smooth texture. I didn't keep it for the 90 days because I wasn't seeing anything at all and I wore out the diamond tips.  I wasn't going to keep buying them. I have had Microdermabrasion and this is not the same. Again this is what happened for me. It may work beautifully for someone else with better younger skin.