Esteemed Contributor

Re: MASON PEARSON HAIR BRUSH

$200 for a HAIR BRUSH?!?!?Woman SurprisedWoman SurprisedWoman Surprised

A HAIR BRUSH?!?!?Woman SurprisedWoman SurprisedWoman Surprised

If I ever spend that much for a hair brush, I will have either have won the lottery, or need to have my head examined.

For those who can plop down the cash for it, enjoy, but at that price it had better have some gold and diamonds in it.

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.
Honored Contributor

@Anonymous032819 wrote:

If I ever spend that much for a hair brush, I will have either have won the lottery, or need to have my head examined.

For those who can plop down the cash for it, enjoy, but at that price it had better have some gold and diamonds in it.

I didn't pay that much for mine, because I have had the first one at least 30 years, but i'll put that up against a $350 handbag ANY day of the week.  

Honored Contributor

@Mrsq2022 wrote:

@Shanus  @Retiredpsych 

I just looked and the standard “Popular” is $125 and the junior is $89 at Costco.com!  That’s less than half retail price. I don’t know of a dupe and would be a really special gift if it’s something that lasts as long as people say they do.  

How do you clean them?  With soapy water?  For that price I’d want to make sure I didn’t damage it and normally wash my cheap brushes with hot soapy water to remove product build up and such.

@Mrsq2022   At the time, mine was boxed with a small square nylon brush (no handle) to rake gently through the bristles to remove hairs. Then wash w/ a gentle cleanser and dry bristle side down, so the water doesn’t run into the cushion, on a towel.

Honored Contributor

@Sooner wrote:

@Anonymous032819 wrote:

I didn't pay that much for mine, because I have had the first one at least 30 years, but i'll put that up against a $350 handbag ANY day of the week.  

@Sooner  You go Girl!!! I’d trade my 1st born for that brush...Not!!, but it’s not just any brush. If you’ve never felt one through your hair, it’s heaven.

Respected Contributor

I have a Mason Pearson hair brush and if something happens to it, I won't replace for that price.  

Respected Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

I’ve had a full size Mason Pearson hair brush for decades. I love it and now it’s the first one my granddaughters reach for....But at $205 now, gifting them one is a definite no!

Does anyone know a good dupe w/ boar bristles and cushioned pad?

They have them at Costco for a lot less.

Trusted Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

I’ve had a full size Mason Pearson hair brush for decades. I love it and now it’s the first one my granddaughters reach for....But at $205 now, gifting them one is a definite no!

Does anyone know a good dupe w/ boar bristles and cushioned pad?

@Shanus  I knew we were kindred spirits.  This is my hairbrush dream.  Giggles.  Costco website has a great price on them and Ebay has brand news for wonderful prices too.  Also, if your granddaughters are younger, the smaller MP brush might be ideal and those are less cost wise too.  You have excellent taste, girl!!!

Trusted Contributor

@Sooner wrote:

The junior sizes are my favorites!  I have a pink one.  I also have the Handy size, and a couple of the small (pocket?) sizes.  I have the all boar bristle and the combo nylon and boar and I like those as well or better.  

I have a couple of combs too.  I collected them over the years on many trips to D.C. and I think they sold them at the Old Post Office building.  I would buy Caswell and Massey there too.   And there was a place in Georgetown too. . . 

@Sooner  I adore the Caswell Massey brand!  I've had a difficult time finding it lately so haven't had their wonderful products for a while.  Thank you for reminding me.  You have great taste!

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I had a Denman which I love but eventually the handle broke!

100 percent boar bristle brush.

Trusted Contributor

@Pqfan wrote:

I had a Denman which I love but eventually the handle broke!

100 percent boar bristle brush.

@Pqfan  I love the Denman brand...brought it back from my first visit to London....this is my current brush and love it.