Frequent Contributor

MALLY PRODUCTS GOING DOWNHILL?

What has happened to Mally and her products? Seems like it is going downhill> I have used her Everstarlight Eyeliner for years, and when I had to reorder....the only color left is Tinsel? Where is the most requested black color and the rest of the colors? So I bought another Liner collection hoping it would be a good one....trash.....does not put out any color....sorry Mally, i think your products and original formulas have gone downhill.....

Respected Contributor

Re: MALLY PRODUCTS GOING DOWNHILL?

In 2015 Towson-based cosmetics company Mallygirl was sold to Beauty Visions LLC for $10 million to cover its debts amid its bankruptcy.

“The soul is healed by being with children.”
— Fyodor Dostoyevsky
Honored Contributor

Mally and Laura Geller both were bought by other companies around the same time. Mally's company was sold because it had to be; Laura's was voluntary. I think both founders are under contract to remain as spokeswomen for their companies. I think the company that first bought Laura Geller, and I hope the one that recently bought them out, kept some of her original formulas. The company that bought Mally and hired the former head of Victoria' Secret cosmetics changed a lot of Mally's original formulas. I was a fan of both and I had a lot of their products. Mally's High Shine lip colors, Face Defender, and mascara were some of my HG's. I noticed a difference in these right away. At least Laura's products, including my favorite baked ones, seemed the same. I hope you see her Starlight liners @Pinkstylus - maybe before the holidays!  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I love Mally's neutralizing primer and it's hard to find now.  Kohl's carried her line last year, but it's been dropped.

The only place I've seen it, other than QVC, is Guthy-Renker that wants you to subscribe.  I don't want to do that.  I only want the products I need, when I need them. 

Frequent Contributor

[ Edited ]

@ beach-mom....Ohhh, thank you so much for letting me know.....I loved her Eyeliners....I did not even know Laura Geller and Mally was bought by other companies.....I hope I would see Mallys Eyeliners somewhere......Thank you once again......

Frequent Contributor

[ Edited ]

@ mom2four0418....Thank you so much for the info....I didn't know this....too sad....I loved some of Mallys products....

Regular Contributor

FYI........I was flipping through channels a couple nights ago & I believe Mally is now selling clothes on QVC! Yes, tees with inspirational quotesSmiley Sad(((((( Which I hate. If you can believe it?

I'm not a fan of Mally or her beauty products.

Frequent Contributor

@Venezia.....Thank you for your info....appreciate it!

Honored Contributor

@Pinkstylus wrote:

@Venezia.....Thank you for your info....appreciate it!

@Pinkstylus - You're welcome.  Even Ulta doesn't carry her line anymore.

If you see it sold by another retailer (other than Amazon or eBay), please let me know.  And I'll do the same.

Super Contributor

@bluehost wrote:

FYI........I was flipping through channels a couple nights ago & I believe Mally is now selling clothes on QVC! Yes, tees with inspirational quotesSmiley Sad(((((( Which I hate. If you can believe it?

I'm not a fan of Mally or her beauty products.

Yes, I caught it as well. Mally with her limited vocabulary, "Big Mama" quotes on the tees.