Esteemed Contributor

Re: MAKEUP QUESTIONS/CONCERNS FOR ME?

I do, Shanus! I have tried a couple (Tarte and Laura Geller) powder foundations and they all look matte to me. I'm looking for a powder type foundation, that does not have a matte finish, but not too shiny either. Something easy to use, that has almost a natural,translucent appeal. Any help would be appreciated! 

Honored Contributor

@Effie54   Not sure of your age, but I find it difficult to find/use powder foundations after 50. I'd much rather use a semi-matte foundation if skin is oily and then use a setting powder.

If you have dry skin, a powder foundation can be problematic.

Esteemed Contributor

Thank you Shanus! ❤️

Esteemed Contributor

Hi @Shanus .. what brand of organic shea butter do you use?   I also use Kiehl's Avocado Eye Cream and love it.   I would like to try using the shea butter to seal it.   TIA

Honored Contributor

@AngelPuppy1 wrote:

@Shanus wrote:

@AngelPuppy1   Brows: I like to fill in w/ an Anastasia Brow Wiz pencil and then a clear brow gel. I also dye my brows w/ JUST FOR MEN mustache/beard dye...really easy and jsut 5 minutes to wait. The blonde shade is really a dark taupe.

Undereyes: At night, I started using a very thin layer, tapped off the back of my hand, of organgic shea butter to seal in my night cream...Avocado Eye Cream (Kiehl's). I've no issues  and in the morning and my underyes are quite moisturized and I need less cream under makeup.

Hope this helps.

@Shanus 

I have never used an eye cream before I got to bed.  I don't know if I could do this because when I wake up in the morning my eyes are all goopy and yucky as it is.  I will look into the Keihl's cream you mentioned though.

As for the brow stuff, using the products you mentioned, that wouldn't solve my problem with the brows being uneven in color though, would it?

Thank you, I appreciate it! 

@AngelPuppy1 , I am not a makeup artist nor do I play one on the QVC Beauty forum but I have a remedy for your problem. I, also have a difference in color of my two eyebrows. I use Bobbi Brown "Natural Brow Shaper" in Blonde. It is like a mascara for the brows and has the coverage that is impossible to get with a pencil. Both brows look even and exactly the same. Hope that helps.

The only moisturizer/eye cream I can use is the Gel Moisturizer from Clinique. My dermatologist told me sensitive eyes rarely tolerate eye creams so a touch of this fragrance free moisturizer brought up under the eyes is all I need.💐

Honored Contributor

@Boehm Collector   Hello. I've been using NOW brand from Amazon. it's very economical and also great at night for cuticles and lips.  Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

@Boehm Collector   Hello. I've been using NOW brand from Amazon. it's very economical and also great at night for cuticles and lips.  Smiley Happy

@Shanus  .. .thank you !

Esteemed Contributor

I like Balance & Brighton from Laura Geller. I use the balance & blush version as well. It goes on like a fine powder but turns into a light cream on your face. It feels and looks like my skin but better. It's also a dream to remove.  

Trusted Contributor

@Shanus
It's funny that you mentioned shea butter 🙂. I just received mine today. I don't know if you remember or not but I've been using vasoline to seal my facial hydration at night. I thought I'd try SB instead 😉
Honored Contributor

@Trinity11 wrote:

@AngelPuppy1 wrote:

@Shanus wrote:

@AngelPuppy1   Brows: I like to fill in w/ an Anastasia Brow Wiz pencil and then a clear brow gel. I also dye my brows w/ JUST FOR MEN mustache/beard dye...really easy and jsut 5 minutes to wait. The blonde shade is really a dark taupe.

Undereyes: At night, I started using a very thin layer, tapped off the back of my hand, of organgic shea butter to seal in my night cream...Avocado Eye Cream (Kiehl's). I've no issues  and in the morning and my underyes are quite moisturized and I need less cream under makeup.

Hope this helps.

@Shanus 

I have never used an eye cream before I got to bed.  I don't know if I could do this because when I wake up in the morning my eyes are all goopy and yucky as it is.  I will look into the Keihl's cream you mentioned though.

As for the brow stuff, using the products you mentioned, that wouldn't solve my problem with the brows being uneven in color though, would it?

Thank you, I appreciate it! 

@AngelPuppy1 , I am not a makeup artist nor do I play one on the QVC Beauty forum but I have a remedy for your problem. I, also have a difference in color of my two eyebrows. I use Bobbi Brown "Natural Brow Shaper" in Blonde. It is like a mascara for the brows and has the coverage that is impossible to get with a pencil. Both brows look even and exactly the same. Hope that helps.

The only moisturizer/eye cream I can use is the Gel Moisturizer from Clinique. My dermatologist told me sensitive eyes rarely tolerate eye creams so a touch of this fragrance free moisturizer brought up under the eyes is all I need.💐

@Trinity11 

Thanks for your tips --- I appreciate them.  I have tried so many brow products that I am about ready to chuck them all and just forget it!  However, I will look into the one you suggested!  And also the gel moisturizer from Clinique you mentioned --- is this a specific gel for eyes, or is it an all over face moisturizer???  I just want to know what to look for.  Thanks!  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin