Honored Contributor

MAKEUP QUESTIONS/CONCERNS FOR ME?

I have some time before getting my day started. Anyone have a question re: makeup, etc.?

Ready for you.

Valued Contributor

Re: MAKEUP QUESTIONS/CONCERNS FOR ME?

I need makeup that is very gentle & doesn't clog pores. I also have dry skin. I would like to wear it, to cover up redness & skin discoloration, but my skin is sensitive. So, I'm afraid to wear it. Any suggestions on brands to try.

Honored Contributor

@Sweet Kitties   I usually point women with your issues to Jane Iredale. It's a great line (a little more money than many most), but they leave out out any ingredients that are irritating to most complexions.

Honored Contributor

Will check back later.....

Honored Contributor

@Shanus 

Well, I am here with probably the same old issues but you never know when some new info or product will be up for grabs!

I have such sensitive eyes and I try and try to use a moisture cream or gel under my eyes.  I need it!  I don't have bags -- so far -- so that's good.  However, I do have some fine lines --- not horrible -- but a bit -- and I don't want them to get any worse.  I am unable to use any products with any kind of retin in them.  And nothing with fragrance of any kind!  I will use a product for a couple days and think -- oh, this is good -- and then --- the excess watering starts and my eyes are a mess!  I use OTC drops to try to keep my eyes going, as the eye dr. has told me I do have dry eyes.

Do you have any suggestion for a gel or eye cream that might work?  Nothing too heavy or greasy or that might cause milia, which I tend to get.  

And my second question --- back to my crazy eyebrows --

I have the very light eyebrows which are not all gray, but partly.  One eyebrow has a lot more hair than the other.  I can't groom them properly as I can't see well enough even with a magnifying mirror and I am just not talented to shape them well, etc.

So, I resorted to going to a salon - a brow place - to have them groomed and dyed.  Problem --- one eyebrow which has more hair and is naturally darker than the other, always comes out darker than the other.  Which makes me really odd and uneven looking!  

In order to get them to look sort of evenly colored, I have to use a product which is way darker than I would like and then my brows really stand out --- too dark for my pale skin, eyes and hair! 

I am thinking that perhaps after this color fades out completely that maybe I will return to the brow place and just tell her to groom them only --- no dye -- and just put product on them only --- and see how they turn out!

Have you any suggestions for me?  I would like to have 2 brows that are even and if they are not identical twins, that they look sort of like sisters?

Any help would be appreciated, as always! 

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Honored Contributor

@AngelPuppy1   Brows: I like to fill in w/ an Anastasia Brow Wiz pencil and then a clear brow gel. I also dye my brows w/ JUST FOR MEN mustache/beard dye...really easy and jsut 5 minutes to wait. The blonde shade is really a dark taupe.

Undereyes: At night, I started using a very thin layer, tapped off the back of my hand, of organgic shea butter to seal in my night cream...Avocado Eye Cream (Kiehl's). I've no issues  and in the morning and my underyes are quite moisturized and I need less cream under makeup.

Hope this helps.

Respected Contributor

@Shanus    great tip you mentioned for brows....

Frequent Contributor

In terms of cleansing, what are your favorite/tried and true products for a first cleanse (ie makeup/spf removal) and second cleanse? Thank you! Enjoy your weekend!
Honored Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

@AngelPuppy1   Brows: I like to fill in w/ an Anastasia Brow Wiz pencil and then a clear brow gel. I also dye my brows w/ JUST FOR MEN mustache/beard dye...really easy and jsut 5 minutes to wait. The blonde shade is really a dark taupe.

Undereyes: At night, I started using a very thin layer, tapped off the back of my hand, of organgic shea butter to seal in my night cream...Avocado Eye Cream (Kiehl's). I've no issues  and in the morning and my underyes are quite moisturized and I need less cream under makeup.

Hope this helps.

@Shanus 

I have never used an eye cream before I got to bed.  I don't know if I could do this because when I wake up in the morning my eyes are all goopy and yucky as it is.  I will look into the Keihl's cream you mentioned though.

As for the brow stuff, using the products you mentioned, that wouldn't solve my problem with the brows being uneven in color though, would it?

Thank you, I appreciate it! 

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Honored Contributor

@Applecakes wrote:
In terms of cleansing, what are your favorite/tried and true products for a first cleanse (ie makeup/spf removal) and second cleanse? Thank you! Enjoy your weekend!

@Applecakes   I do an oil cleanse first. lately been liking the one by Kiehl's becuase it has a lavender frangrance and it's a night time cleanse. Any good face oil will remove spf and makeup. I follow with a gentle cleanser like Cetaphil.

I do find that on a day with a lot of eye makeup, I use the Lancome Bifacil Remover first and then the oil. 

Have a restful weekend.