Honored Contributor

Re: MAKEUP PRODUCT THAT GIVES YOU PROBLEMS?

[ Edited ]

I have found that Bobbi Brown's concealer is too thick especially when you use their corrector with it.  Using the corrector alone works to me but you only need a touch of the product.  I love Laura Mercier's Secret Concealer and I understand they have discontinued it.

@Shanus  I have found brow products to be a problem as I can't find one that gives the right amount of product.  They are usually too dark and I am salt & pepper hair with more salt and dark brown eyebrows.  When someone perfects a brow product, I will be in line.  lol

kindness is strength
Respected Contributor

@Shanus   OMG ...  so funny...   I  tried Trish McEvoy tubular mascara many years ago and HATED it.  It pulled out my lashes when I removed it.   I'm sure many people love it because she promotes it so heavily and it's still in the line.    

Honored Contributor

Eyebrows....getting a natural fuller look.   Mine are fair and thin.  I'd rather leave them alone than have a clownish artificial look.  I am not heavy handed with brow products and can achieve a bit of improvement....but it is a challenge.

Respected Contributor

It's not necessarily  problematic, but I am always on the lookout for the perfect HG concealer.I try alot of them on a regular basis!

"Cats are poetry in motion. Dogs are gibberish in neutral." -Garfield
Honored Contributor

Mine is concealer and the right color brow pencil.  

I don't know why companies aren't more descriptive with their brow color names.  I recently bought an ELF Ultra Slim eyebrow pencil in neutral brown.  It isn't neutral at all.  In fact, it's borderline auburn.  I was worried the cool brown color would be too ashy on me but based on what the neutral brown is, I'm guessing it would have been fine.  

Honored Contributor

I don't wear makeup anymore except for brows.  So naturally, that is my challenge.

Not the color, but I need something to keep mine in place.  Now that I'm older many of the hairs seem to have a mind of their own and go every which way.  I've tried plucking or clipping those, but then I have almost no brows at all, which I find to be worse.

I haven't yet found a decent wax-type product that works and I can tolerate.

Respected Contributor

Brows are my big problem too.  Mine are weird in that they grow iin different angles and I have a scar (not a pretty one to play up) that runs through one arch where I ran into an electric fence wire  when I was pre-teen.  I have a problem with placement and color.  Have a drawer full of pencils and some waxes.  

If my dog doesn't like you, neither do I.
Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

Benefit Cosmetics - POWmade Waterproof Brow Pomade

@Shanus This brow pomade is very hard for me to use. I have natural ash bronde hair so I wear 2.5 neutral blonde and it is still to dark. I try to scrape it off on the scraper and use a spooly to thin it out, but it still is just a tad too dark for me. Also, the formula does not give a natural look--more theatrical.

Also this Rare Beauty cream blush in mauve and pink mini sizes. I bought the trio for $25 and hated it. I threw it out. What a waste. Ido not like cream blush and I will never buy it again. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Shanus 

Does a taupe brow color work for you?

I guess if I had to choose anything my weakest link would be brows.

But I've found my perfect color in Benefit Gimme Brow.

I use to have "sister" brows but I noticed last night they're 

cousins,

I saw a product mentioned yesterday in a Samantha March video that I'm going to try and it's drugstore!  Thick It Stick It or something like that.  It's for brows.  My WM has it.  I'm buying the color Espresso (same name color as my hair color) Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@marmarbrooklyn 

Sounds like what you need is a cool dark brown eyebrow gel.  Benefit makes one.  I wear itl.