Frequent Contributor

I have never used any makeup melting balms--But I would like to try one. I understand the balm removes makeup better than just cleanser.

Does anyone have a favorite? Are they all about the same?

I prefer one that is --clean--

Thank you

Super Contributor

Hi @bronxgal1 ! I love The Inkey List Oat Cleansing Balm.

I wipe my face with a wet microfiber cloth, then apply the balm, massage in and then rinse off. I do a second light cleanse with a Cerave cleanser just because I like to. Probably not necessary, but I prefer it. I only use the balm when I'm removing makeup.

~~Keep calm and hug your pets~~
Respected Contributor

@bronxgal1I don't believe in the whole "clean" cosmetics trend but right now, I'm using Clinique Take the Day Off Cleansing Balm because I bought it on sale, otherwise, it's too pricey for me. It's fragrance-free and does a good job of removing makeup. I follow it with a gentle, fragrance-free lotion cleanser.

Honored Contributor

I don't follow or believe in "clean beauty" so I can't speak to that, but I like the Seoul Cleansng Balm sold on HSN. I still use Bi-Facil eye makeup remover first just to get that started, but the cleansing balm gets the rest of it off as well as all my makeup and it doesn't sting my eyes if I open them. I don't follow with a 2nd cleanse. To me, one cleanse should be enough.

Honored Contributor

@bronxgal1

I don't know if it's clean or not but my favorite is Huda Beauty Clean Genie. I tried one from the drugstore. Don't recall the brand but it didn't do a very good job. Tried Naturium. I like their other products but this went rancid. Tried Glow Recipe and it was fine. Next I tried Huda Beauty Clean Genie and that's what I'm sticking with. Both the Glow Recipe and Huda Beauty products rinse off instantly and don't leave my dry skin feeling dry. Dr Shreene Idress has a really good video on who should use a balm and who should use an oil. She is a board certified derm. Oh, speaking of oil, I tried Tatcha's cleansing oil also and still prefer the Huda balm. I'll see if I can find

her video.

Trusted Contributor
Yes, try Seoul cleansing balm, you can buy it at hsn. Pretty reasonable, and works well
Honored Contributor

I've used both of these. I like both equally but I think the better value is the Clean It Zero. Both of these are highly rated.

---------------------

---------------------

e.l.f. Holy Hydration Cleansing Balm

shopping.png

-------------------------

-------------------------

Banila Co Clean It Zero

shopping (1).png

Regular Contributor

I like Abolene Face Moisturizer and Makeup Remover. Good and cheap-under $15. You just rub on face, wipe off and then cleanse with whatever other cleanser you want. (I usually do a double cleanse at night. I don't know if you would like that or not.)

Esteemed Contributor

I second E.l.f holy hydration cleansing balm. It does a good job removing makeup. I use it with a cotton cloth and follow with a mild cleanser. The balm itself isn't enough to cleanse, so one needs to follow with another cleanser.

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog."

Mark Twain
Respected Contributor

I like Clinique Cleansing Balm. QVC has a duo for price of one $36.00

https://www.qvc.com/Clinique-Take-the-Day-off-Cleansing-Balm-Duo.product.A530601.html?productNumber=...