Trusted Contributor

Re: MAKEUP FIRST OR GET DRESSED FIRST?

@On It wrote:

Make-up and hair first, then get dressed. I wear v-neck styles almost exclusively, so putting on my top after hair and make-up is not a problem. On the occasion that I feel the need to protect my clothing, I place an open square, silky scarf on my head to cover my hair and face. Everything glides over with no resistance or mess.

I do EXACTLY the same thing with the silk scarf. Never have any problems messing up my makeup or getting it on my clothes.

Honored Contributor

Makeup first, get dressed, then hair.

I have dropped a bottle of foundation on myself which would have ruined my clothes.

Now, I don't wear foundation to work since we wear masks.

Trusted Contributor

@Shanus  Makeup first, dressed, then hair and shoes/boots.

Respected Contributor

Dressed first then hair then makeup.

Honored Contributor

@Shanus 

Come on up.  I have beef stew in the crock pot with fresh mushrooms and a lot of onion.  I used beef broth and wine.

Honored Contributor

@Shanus 

Definitely makeup and hair first.  I'm neutral and can pretty much go either way but my preferences are by and large cool (purple, pinks and blues, aquas, grays).  So since my clothing is in the cool range and my makeup is in the cool and neutral range, there is not much "matching" needed.  On occasion I'll purposely match makeup to clothes.  I also like an "oatmeal" color top.  When I wear that color, I'll go neutral on the eye.  Lips will always be in the pink family.  Blush varies.  Today I'm going to wear Nars Orga*am which is a little more rusty than I normally wear but I haven't worn it in ages and I want to pair it with the Huda Glowish Bronzing Powder (oatmeal colored top) Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@JeanLouiseFinch 

No, I'm  not always a klutz, but it has happened before. 

I'm always a klutz these days Smiley Surprised  Hands just refuse to cooperate.

Honored Contributor

@depglass 

Good choice of light placement!  I wish more people thought about that when building or remodeling.  Overhead lighting is harsh and cast shadows.  Also why you don't want to take portrait photos outside when the sun is high (unless you're using a flash).

Honored Contributor

@JudyL 

I can laugh because I did the same LOL

Honored Contributor

@SeaMaiden 

I do my makeup and hair first (sans lip gloss), get dressed and then apply lipgloss.  For me lipgloss is the icing on the cake or cherry on a sundae Smiley Happy  It pulls everything together.