Honored Contributor

Re: MAKEUP CHANGES SINCE NOT WEARING MASKS?

Masks or not, I have been a minimalist on makeup for a long.  I like a simple one color, usually soft beige pink, on my eyelids for a little brightness; eyebrow pencil; a touch of concealer and foundation; maybe a lip gloss or sometimes a lipstick.

Anything beyond that and I look and feel like I have makeup on.  I really don't think blush and several eye shadows and contouring are me, and I don't think it does me any real favors except take time and money--but I realize that's just me.  

I think hair does the most for how someone looks, and even tones and healthy skin, and grooming and clothing. It's a package deal to me.  I'm a low key person, so low key makeup is all that wouldn't look out of place. 

Honored Contributor

What about mascara @Sooner ?

Honored Contributor

@San Antonio Gal wrote:

What about mascara @Sooner ?

@San Antonio Gal Sometimes.

Honored Contributor

@SurferWife wrote:

@Shanus 

Your post made me think of a question I have.   I wear glasses & the bridge of my nose always gets the little intentions from the rubber thingys.  Is there any beauty product that may help keep them less noticeable when I remove my glasses?

@SurferWife   Unfortunately, there isn't a makeup product I know of and have the same issue. I can't wear the usual plastic frames (low bridge, high cheekbones and small face, but that's another issue), so I wear wire frames. The ones I have now are wireless on top, a red wire underneath to hold the lenses, red stems and a thin red wire across the nose. I need SOME color on my face. I do wear my glasses all the time. They have those nose pieces.

I can tell you that I purposely do not put makeup or concealer on those spots where the nose pieces will hit. It's only a tiny spot on each side. I just use a light dusting of translucent powder. If I need to have a bit more coverage there, I use a drop of Bare Minerals powder foundation...I always have some on hand for covering spider veins on ankles, etc. 

***Sometimes when I get the frames adjusted, I realize those nose pieces are too tight and I have marks at when I take them off at night. That may the issue for you, as well.