Respected Contributor

Re: MAKEUP CHANGES SINCE NOT WEARING MASKS?

@MarieIG wrote:

This was a good reminder for me to shop my stash.  I have some unopened Doll 10 and Clinique blushes that I got in kits.

I never stopped my eyeliner and lippies (although the lipstick or gloss did come off on the masks).

I also need to find a new BB.  My old one was "improved" and from the Youtube reviews - more drying.  I like a BB with SPF and skin care ingrediants so it may take a while to find a good one. 

@MarieIG  although I haven't tried it myself, I've heard many good things about the Missha BB cream.

Esteemed Contributor

Yup, I'm still wearing a mask when I'm out and about. But at least I am out and about these days! I quit wearing makeup when masking started and now like my face better without it. Never say never, but I'm not wearing makeup for now.
* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I haven't worn foundation since the pandemic began and I've come to realize I don't really need it.  I have worn eye makup throughout the pandemic.

I continue to wear a mask whenever I go indoors, not a big deal for me.  With the new varient and breakthrough cases popping up I feel better wearing a mask.  Luckily it seems these breakthrough cases exhibit mild symptoms among the fully vaccinated.  I am grateful that at least I feel ok shopping again with my mask on. 

Respected Contributor

I wear a full face even with a mask.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I'm back to wearing my makeup but had been wearing eye makeup with the mask.

All stores are open without a mask here now, but not doctor's offices.

Forgot to mention that I finally figured out the shade of a new lipstick I had fallen in love with.  It was a rose color with just a whisper of purple.  Beautiful!!!

Honored Contributor

Depends on two things .... where I am going, and how much time I have.  I have no interest in buying any new makeup right now.

Honored Contributor

@SeaMaiden 

I'm still wearing mine, too!  I am very tired of it but since I have some significant health issues, I am not comfortable not wearing them.  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Kachina624 wrote:

@SeaMaiden wrote:

I will continue to wear a mask for here on out....foolish to think IT IS OVER.... 

Just my opinion...everyone has a choice to make of their own. 

@SeaMaiden   I agree and continue to wear a mask in an inside public space.  I had two medical appointments this week and they both required wearing masks.

I haven't worn a speck of make up for over 2 years.

Same for me as @Kachina624 .   I haven't worn makeup in 2 years now (except on rare occasions) and  I still wear a mask.  Doctor offices here require it, but retail establishments don't.  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Actually I the only change that I made while wearing a mask was a lighter hand in applying lipstick.  I still wore it under a mask but I blotted it on lightly.

I wear makeup often for me and still wore foundation & blush.  I only add a few dots of foundation on either side of my face to even out skin tone so I never wear heavy makeup.

ETA: I only wear a mask when I'm required to....here it is rare and have not worn it very much over the last year.

Honored Contributor

Here's a question --- Anyone here who is still wearing masks, do you think this has caused any problems with your complexion?  I don't think it's the only issue with mine, but I do think it has contributed.  I often get so hot when I have mine on.  I have very sensitive skin anyway and my skin is easily provoked.  I don't wear any makeup under my mask because I figure this could cause more issues.  But I do wear a light moisturizer.  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin