Respected Contributor

Re: MAKEUP CHANGES SINCE NOT WEARING MASKS?

I was thinking about this yesterday.....I decided that I am still wearing a mask when I go in indoor situations with close contact with others that I don't know.   That is a personal decision for me as an old person with some medical issues.   I wear eye makeup because I like it and am adding a tinted moisturizer and concealer.  Sometimes blush.   I only wear Laneige lip mask on my lips.  I can mask over that if I want to and that isn't a problem for me. 

If my dog doesn't like you, neither do I.
Honored Contributor

No, not much change as I still wear masks in stores--just something I feel protects me from others----my son and brother despite being all vaxxed and boosted  and mask wearing, got covid  recently and both were very sick--I'm not taking that chance altho while walking I don't wear a mask but carry one with me. Make up is the same --always do my brows tho.

Esteemed Contributor

I have started wearing a bit more eye makeup and wearing a new tinted BB cream even though I am still wearing a mask for many outings. On the rare occasions we have non-family guests, I do put on blush and lip stain. We are not going out to eat until we can do outside seating and not freeze or get rained on. Just not important to me to eat at a restaurant ... never really was something I liked to do often as I'm kind of particular about what's in my food.

I have been playing more w/ makeup application since the first of the year in anticipation of not wearing a mask so often. Mostly that's going to be around family and/or outside activities, like when we are at the beach house. It has been fun to experiment and I do like how I look w/ a touch of color.

"What we practice daily is what we build a life on. Practice peace, love & kindness."
Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

This was a good reminder for me to shop my stash.  I have some unopened Doll 10 and Clinique blushes that I got in kits.

I never stopped my eyeliner and lippies (although the lipstick or gloss did come off on the masks).

I also need to find a new BB.  My old one was "improved" and from the Youtube reviews - more drying.  I like a BB with SPF and skin care ingrediants so it may take a while to find a good one. 

Do the math.
Respected Contributor

I kept my make-up routine going even when a mask was required. The mask is now off and everything is the same except I'm a few years older!

"Cats are poetry in motion. Dogs are gibberish in neutral." -Garfield
Honored Contributor

@Shanus 

I didn't change anything with mask mandates so I have nothing to add back now that most places no longer require them.  The PT facility I'm going to requires a mask but half the time I forget and no one tells me to put one on.

Your  blush combo sounds really pretty.  

Honored Contributor

@SeaMaiden wrote:

I will continue to wear a mask for here on out....foolish to think IT IS OVER.... 

Just my opinion...everyone has a choice to make of their own. 

@SeaMaiden   I agree and continue to wear a mask in an inside public space.  I had two medical appointments this week and they both required wearing masks.

I haven't worn a speck of make up for over 2 years.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

No changes for me.  I had to work in office everyday so I wore full make-up every single day for work.  

I still have to wear a mask at my nail salon but that is about it.

If anyone wants to continue to wear a mask, that is their prerogative.  Calling people foolish for not doing so isn't necessary just like calling people foolish for continuing to wear a mask isn't necessary.   I know this isn't over and it's not ever going to be over IMO.  It's always going to be around just like the flu.  I'm not wearing a mask the rest of my life.

Honored Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

No changes for me.  I had to work in office everyday so I wore full make-up every single day for work.  

I still have to wear a mask at my nail salon but that is about it.

If anyone wants to continue to wear a mask, that is their prerogative.  Calling people foolish for not doing so isn't necessary just like calling people foolish for continuing to wear a mask isn't necessary.   I know this isn't over and it's not ever going to be over IMO.  It's always going to be around just like the flu.  I'm not wearing a mask the rest of my life.

I agree!

And calling people FOOLISH or TRASH just bc they don't approve or 'like' the personal decisions someone else chooses is rude and inappropriate.

if someone wants to stay home 24/7 except for grocery runs or doctor appointments, it's personal decision and frankly not something I choose - what a BORING existence 😐

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Valued Contributor

I am back in the office a few days a week. I wear my usual pre pandemic makeup on the office days. When I work from home I use a skin tint instead of foundation and keep everything else light with no eye make up except mascara.