Esteemed Contributor

Re: MAKEUP CHANGES SINCE NOT WEARING MASKS?

[ Edited ]

@AngelPuppy1 

I did notice I started to get a few "bumps" around my mouth that can become small pimples. I think for me what caused it was the chapstick I use got smeared around and the wax clogged the pores, etc. Because I caught it quickly, I was able to prevent the bumps from becoming too big and gross. I did attribute it to wearing my mask for a bit longer than normal. I try to remember now not to put on the chapstick right before the mask. I also changed out what mask I wear so it's not so quite as hot as the one I had been using before.

When I know I am going to wear a mask, I personally don't put on moisturizer until I come back home. I put on a Vitamin C serum and Hyrdoshield and both of those dry down quickly. Go do my thing w/ the mask, come home and put on a light moisturizer.

"What we practice daily is what we build a life on. Practice peace, love & kindness."
Honored Contributor

@AngelPuppy1 wrote:

Here's a question --- Anyone here who is still wearing masks, do you think this has caused any problems with your complexion?  I don't think it's the only issue with mine, but I do think it has contributed.  I often get so hot when I have mine on.  I have very sensitive skin anyway and my skin is easily provoked.  I don't wear any makeup under my mask because I figure this could cause more issues.  But I do wear a light moisturizer.  

@AngelPuppy1 mask wearing definitely caused breakouts for me everywhere the mask covered. It wasn't horrible but it was a nuisance.

Valued Contributor

So happy to not have to wear a mask finally.  Been wearing one for the last 3 years, 40 plus hours a week.  Did not wear any makeup under the mask and just did my eyes and brows.  Now I'm using a bit of tinted moisturizer and lipstick as well as doing my eyes.

Trusted Contributor

I never changed my makeup routine during the pandemic, although, I tend to favor a more natural look.  It depends on my plans for the day (foundation vs. cc cream or tinted serum).

I, also, am still wearing a mask.  It's just not a big deal to me...you know " in the grand scheme of things", etc. etc.

Honored Contributor

No change for me, as I had to wear makeup that would not rub off on a mask. At the start of quarantine I was filmed every week, and I was outside every week. My mask was on and off. I already had a lip color that stayed on, and it did not rub off on my mask at all. I wore a heavier foundation that did rub off a little, because I didn't want to look pale from a distance! I alternated two masks each season, and I washed them constantly. I did go a little heavier on eye makeup.

I'm still wearing the same makeup, although I'm not going as heavy with the foundation or eye makeup  I still wear different foundations - lighter coverage and fuller coverage, depending on where I am. 

And I still spend a lot of time playing with makeup!  Smiley Happy

Trusted Contributor

@AngelPuppy1 wrote:

Here's a question --- Anyone here who is still wearing masks, do you think this has caused any problems with your complexion?  I don't think it's the only issue with mine, but I do think it has contributed.  I often get so hot when I have mine on.  I have very sensitive skin anyway and my skin is easily provoked.  I don't wear any makeup under my mask because I figure this could cause more issues.  But I do wear a light moisturizer.  

Hi, I still wear a mask to all stores, and still wear gloves. The gloves have kept other viruses away where I've usually contracted them, haven't had a cold in years, or intestional viruses.. I'm sure I'll continue doing both in the future as I have health conditions.

I'm double vax'd and boosted and about to get another booster.

My complexion is better without foundation, so I don't bother, but my lips became drier, and the same for under my eyes.

I began using Dr. P's Brightening Peel a few months ago, it's one of the best products I've used! I bring onto my lips and it's helped. I also put whatever skincare for a specific problem my skin is having that day while I wear my mask.

These products have also helped, but any that do the same thing can help: I love Bloomeffects Tulip serum with Echinacea (coneflower-helps with inflammation), the serum is in a jar, almost like a maralade, just like honey, fabulous moisture. I also like Tatcha's serum stick and Silk cream, and Dr.. P's new Cold Plasma+ Hydration cream.

I've also used Aquaphor as well,  and that has helped dryness and the breakdown of my somewhat delicate skin. 

Anything that helps my skin with inflammation and keeping it soft, I'll wear a little heavier when I'm wearing the mask.

HTH's

Cat Very HappyHeartCat Very Happy

FURBABIES ARE THE BREATH OF LIFE
Esteemed Contributor

The biggest makeup change for me is that I have started wearing foundation again a few days a week. 

Honored Contributor

I have only been out once and lipstick is back.  Boy, did I miss lipstick.

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

@RollTide2008 wrote:
I wear a full face even with a mask.

@RollTide2008 - me too.  Mask or no mask, pandemic or no pandemic, I wear the same makeup every day.

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Honored Contributor

@Lipstickdiva 

I know!  I just didn't really need anything else to give me more issues regarding my skin! Well, it's a necessary evil, so what can you do, I guess!  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin