Honored Contributor

MAKEUP CHANGES SINCE NOT WEARING MASKS?

Here masks are optional and none of the places I've gone have a sign on the door to wear a mask. 

I've added lip liner and gloss every day...missed all my lip products. Since the mask won't rub off my SPF, I went back to using 
"foundation". It's Bobbi Brown Serum foundation, lightweight, but more coverage than my tinted moisturizer. 

I still need a setting powder on the bridge of my nose, between my brows and inner corner of eyes since my glasses slide when I perspire. I use the LM Brightening Under Eye setting powder. Great product which really does brighten the eyes. I set the foundation w/ LM Translucent setting Powder.

My most exciting "go back to" is blush...not visible with a mask. I'm rotating between Westman Atelier, Nars Orgasm mixture that I combined with BB Powder Pink cream blush in a small container...the perfect shade for me.

Have you changed any makeup that you had given up wearing a mask?

Esteemed Contributor

Re: MAKEUP CHANGES SINCE NOT WEARING MASKS?

I never really wore a mask. Only at places like doctors offices that required them. I don't think I've worn one in over a year. Even my gynecologist stopped making people wear one. Anyway I never wore that much makeup to begin with so I only wear foundation and blush and some eye makeup. 

Honored Contributor

I will continue to wear a mask for here on out....foolish to think IT IS OVER.... 

Just my opinion...everyone has a choice to make of their own. 

Esteemed Contributor

@SeaMaiden wrote:

I will continue to wear a mask for here on out....foolish to think IT IS OVER.... 

Just my opinion...everyone has a choice to make of their own. 

Likewise. I wear concealer, and eye makeup. That's about it. 

Esteemed Contributor

No changes. I always wore lip balm and sunscreen and eyeshadow. Had to wear a mask at work, but that didn't affect my skincare and light makeup I used. 

I don't wear a mask now that I'm retired, but I'm still doing the same things I've done in the past.

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog."

Mark Twain
Honored Contributor

I go anywhere outside of my house and I wear a mask and will do so for a long time.  So my makeup that I wear outside the house hasn't changed and probably won't for quite some time.

Respected Contributor

No. I wear the same makeup with or without mask. 

Respected Contributor

@Iwantcoffee wrote:

No. I wear the same makeup with or without mask. 

Me, as well. I never changed my makeup application just because I was wearing a mask. Same with or without. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I just had one on this morning for a mammogram and it was the first time to wear one since early December when I went to the same medical building.  I just felt strange this morning leaving off the lipstick until I got to  my office.  Weird wearing it again.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Honored Contributor

I wasn't wearing makeup most days before the pandemic began, but on the days I did wear makeup, I wore the full face even with the mask since I would end up being "on stage" (or more appropriately Chancel) without a mask on.  I would apply my lippie before leaving the house, put the mask on right before getting out of the car, and only wear it until I could take the mask off on the Chancel.

I don't bother with makeup for appointments including doctor and hairdresser.  I also only wore or wear a mask whe required and my doctor's office allows you to remove it as soon as you're in the room.