Contributor

May I ask what you ladies use to clean your makeup brushes?  I have tried several things and the brushes still seem to have imbedded makeup on them.  It's probably my fault .......I don't clean them as often as I should so there's probably a lot of build-up!

Regular Contributor

I use baby shampoo. Amazing how much makeup comes out of 1 brush!

dragonfly

Respected Contributor

@molly and me   I use baby shampoo which is a recommendation from esthetician friend. Rinse well and lay on a clean towel to air dry. You should clean them often ~ at least once a month ~ sponges, too.

Honored Contributor

I also use baby shampoo.  Others have mentioned they use facial cleanser - NOT one that is abrasive but a gentle cleanser.  Purtiy from Philosophy has been mentioned.  I'm sure you'll get lots of responses.  

Honored Contributor

Re: MAKEUP BRUSHES

[ Edited ]

I use one of these silicone 'eggs' to clean my brushes. Just add a drop or two of Dawn and the egg is like using a mini washboard to help remove makeup from the wet brushes. 

Amazon.com: Makeup Cleansing Brush Egg by Pree Cosmetics (Hot Pink) :  Beauty & Personal Care

Then after I've rinsed them well, I hang them on my bathroom towel rod like this using some rubber bands or you can use hair ties.

How to dry makeup brush with rubberband..jpg

Makeup Brush Cleaning Hack—And All You Need Are Hair Ties | Apartment  Therapy

Respected Contributor

I like the blendercleanser solid.

Honored Contributor

I keep a spare terry towel nearby ... and after using the brush, run it across the towel a few times.  

No any buildup - so I don't wash them very often.

Honored Contributor

@molly and me 

I use this.  I use it to remove a color from a brush I want to use with another color and also use it wet with baby shampoo to wash brushes.  I'll be honest with you, I can't remember the last time I washed my brushes, however, I wear makeup once a week, twice at the most, and using this Sigma Switch to remove shadow colors helps.  As for foundation, I mostly use sponges and again, makeup application is about once a week, sometimes two.  Don't ask me how long it's been since I've washed those but I think I'll do it today before I leave for PT.  The product below is double sided.  It's for all types of makeup and if you can't see it, it has names of products for each type of product (blush, e/s, cream, etc.)

Honored Contributor

For a quick daily cleaning I use micellar water on a paper towel and swipe my brushes on that several times until it comes clean. 

Respected Contributor

I do similar to other posters and use a pad to rub the brushes on.  I will add that it's important to really rinse well to remove all residue.  If you haven't cleaned the brushes for a while, you may have to wash several times to get deep into the fibers.  Easier to maintain once you clean well.

If my dog doesn't like you, neither do I.