Honored Contributor

MAKEUP BRUSHES, ETC. PENCIL SHARPEN DAY

Driveway's iced over so waiting another hour to get out.

I'm using the time to wash my brushes, sharpen all my pencils, wiping off mirror in palettes and smelling my lipsticks AGAIN for "rancid" ones...have too many to do at once. Also washing the plastic separators in makeup drawer.

Anyone else give their makeup a "spa day"?

Respected Contributor

Re: MAKEUP BRUSHES, ETC. PENCIL SHARPEN DAY

@Shanus   This is off topic.....did you see the new Bobbi Brown skin correcting stick? Looks interesting.

Respected Contributor

Well @Shanus due to you and a few others here, I realized I should be cleaning my make up brushes. So this weekend my RICRIS makeup brush spinning cleaning set arrived from Amazon. I wish I could post a picture using my tablet but I don't know how,

Omg I love it. It takes about 20 seconds to clean and dry and I literally only use ONE drop of Dawn dishwashing liquid. Im not going to bother using a makeup remover lotion.

The only thIng is you can't clean 2 sided brushes. Now i just have to find an easy way to clean my blebder/pouncer...

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

@LizzieInSRQ wrote:

Well @Shanus due to you and a few others here, I realized I should be cleaning my make up brushes. So this weekend my RICRIS makeup brush spinning cleaning set arrived from Amazon. I wish I could post a picture using my tablet but I don't know how,

Omg I love it. It takes about 20 seconds to clean and dry and I literally only use ONE drop of Dawn dishwashing liquid. Im not going to bother using a makeup remover lotion.

The only thIng is you can't clean 2 sided brushes. Now i just have to find an easy way to clean my blebder/pouncer...

@LizzieInSRQ   Thank you for posting about this....I just ordered it from Amazon.

Honored Contributor

@LizzieInSRQ  You can clean sponges with dishwashing liquid...takes any grease away or your facial cleanser. Rinse very well, squeeze it and then press again several times in a towel. It should be dry in a few hours. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

The brushes that I use, I wash weekly somestimes sooner.  Right now I don't own any old lipsticks,  What amazes me is how long eye shadow lasts.

@Shanus   We had some snow today and it is going down to 6 or 7 tonight.  Burrrrrrrrr.  Years ago, we had cold weather like this all the time.  This is for the Chicago southwestern suburbs.  Stay warm.

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

@Shanus 

Giving your makeup a spa day.  That's a hoot!  My makeup hasn't had a spa day lately but it did recently moved into some new digs and are still setting up house Smiley Happy  

Honored Contributor

@Shanus 

I do that once in a blue moon.  I try to wipe my brushes off with a make-up wipe (Kirkland brand) after each use.  I'm not always consistent but that is my goal.

Of course, cutting back on my dessert is my goal, but I'm not always consistent with that, either...LOL!

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Esteemed Contributor

I wash my brushes with soap and hot water every single time I use them.
* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Honored Contributor

@Shanus --No not yet--evicted alot of stuff tho---and holy cow---have a TON of brushes that do need some love. Not sure I need them all anymore--but have been doing the sniff test and also taking all the various pencils and marking on my hand to see if they line without skipping or leaving little crumbly bits---tossed many of those---I am not wearing make up unless I go out. Next is skin care stuff--