Honored Contributor

Re: MAKE UP A BIG FLAKEY MESS...HELP!!

CosRx Snail Snot.  It's the brand James Welsh likes and I use.  It goes  on my neck, chest and back of my hands.  

1.jpg

3.jpg

Respected Contributor

@SilleeMee , thank you for sharing...and thank you for sharing your very professional information and advice!!

Great job!!

Respected Contributor

@Mindy D , yes, it's in a tube, Hydrating spf 45.

It's not terrible by itself,  but still difficult to apply, and goes in pores too.  Putting it over moisturizer or serums is horrible.  I'm going to experiment today without the sunscreen.  I was using a different sunscreen from Shiseido, and it wasn't too bad, but it was sold out, so the sales girl in Ulta raved about LA Roche...I posted a pic on here yesterday. 

Guess I'll be searching for a new foundation. 

Honored Contributor

@Dazlin wrote:

@Shanus , I'll try another foundation tomorrow and see what happens.  The foundation is E.L. FUTURIST HYDRA rescue spf 45.  Im really not too pleased with it, it's hard to blend, but it wasn't this bad until I used the moisturizer and the sunscreen.  I'll keep it, but ill never buy it again. 

My skin is well exfoliated.... its the foundation that's rolling off...maybe the sunscreen I apply before??.  I'll try elimination.   

@Dazlin   The fact that it has spf 45 doesn't matter in any foundation. No one uses enough foundation or on neck and chest. That's why derms recommend an spf as part of skincare before foundation. The trick is finding two that go nicely together.

SPF and other skincare needs to absorb and completely dry down in between each step. That may have been an issue, as well. I allow about 5 minutes for my Vit. C to sink in and then apply my spf and go on to hair, etc. before beginning foundation.

Honored Contributor

@Jk9 wrote:

@Dazlin  I am confused...I see that the Estée Lauder is a"hydrating spf 45 foundation" and then that last you are applying or mixing in a sunscreen.   Why use a sunscreen if the foundation has one or did I misunderstand?   One or more of your products aren't compatible with the foundation.  I had that problem with using the Tatcha face primer.   It balled up on my face every time I applied it using my usual products.  I can use it if I use only Tatcha products under it but not if I mix brands.  Please clarify about the sunscreen and if you are adding sunscreen to a product that already has sunscreen in it.

@Jk9   As I just explained to @Dazlin , SPF in foundations do not eliminate the need for an spf underneath as a last step before applying makeup...unless you apply about 1/2-3/4 tsp. of foundation on face neck and chest...most women do not. the cosmetic industry has done a great disservice to women by making them believe spf in foundations is sufficient.

The sun continues to age their skin by coming through the scant amount of foundation applied and really does damage to the neck, ears and chest area (if exposed that day). SPF needs to become a part of daily routine even if staying home. Getting in the habit, like brushing your teeth, will assure your skin is always protected. 

Honored Contributor

I think I've said before that skincare, good skincare, is more important to me than makeup. It allows me to wear less. The trick is finding a good/right sunscreen that works well with your skin and other skincare in the mornings. THEN, you look for foundations that work with that spf. 

Everyone knows I can't download pics, but the spfs I've used and work well with a foundation are: DRMTLGY tinted moisturizer spf 46 (not sure why not 40 or 45 or 50...spf "46" is a strange number to choose 😉), Neutrogena HydroBoost Broad Spectrum spf 50 and EltaMD UV Restore SPF 40...This one works the best so far beause it's oil-free (I wear only a tinted moisturizer afterwards so do not need more moisturizers under it), it has squalane and a transparent zinc oxide., also UVA/UVB protection.

Respected Contributor

@Shanus , very true about finding 2 that work together. 

Any suggestions on a foundation??  I don't like anything heavy, I'm very fair, normal skin.   I used to like Lancome Renenerist.  Thought I'd switch.  

Respected Contributor

@SilleeMee , and everyone here...today I eliminated the sunscreen, and the foundation went on better, no balling or flaking.  It's just not a nice foundation Imo, doesn't blend nicely.   But anyway, I wanted to let you all know,  it wasn't bad without that sunscreen.   I'll look for another foundation soon.  I also have a cheap Maybelline foundation with spf 50 I sometimes use if I'm staying around the house, it's not bad, but not a favorite. 

Respected Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

I think I've said before that skincare, good skincare, is more important to me than makeup. It allows me to wear less. The trick is finding a good/right sunscreen that works well with your skin and other skincare in the mornings. THEN, you look for foundations that work with that spf. 

Everyone knows I can't download pics, but the spfs I've used and work well with a foundation are: DRMTLGY tinted moisturizer spf 46 (not sure why not 40 or 45 or 50...spf "46" is a strange number to choose 😉), Neutrogena HydroBoost Broad Spectrum spf 50 and EltaMD UV Restore SPF 40...This one works the best so far beause it's oil-free (I wear only a tinted moisturizer afterwards so do not need more moisturizers under it), it has squalane and a transparent zinc oxide., also UVA/UVB protection.

@Shanus , I'll look into these.  If they are only mineral based, I can't use them.  I get spots and tend to burn a little.   Thanks!!  I like Shiseido sunscreen,  I may go back to that, but ill definitely will check out your suggestions. 

Respected Contributor

@Shanus , did you say on another thread you like Bobby Brown tinted moisturizer?  Is that what your using now??