Honored Contributor

Re: MAKE UP A BIG FLAKEY MESS...HELP!!

@marmarbrooklyn 

If you don't use HA on wet skin and/or you live in a very dry area, HA will suck hydration out of your skin and cause dryness.  My HA goes on right after I've sprayed my face with an essence.  If you don't want to use an essence, water is fine.

Respected Contributor

@Shanus , I'll try another foundation tomorrow and see what happens.  The foundation is E.L. FUTURIST HYDRA rescue spf 45.  Im really not too pleased with it, it's hard to blend, but it wasn't this bad until I used the moisturizer and the sunscreen.  I'll keep it, but ill never buy it again. 

My skin is well exfoliated.... its the foundation that's rolling off...maybe the sunscreen I apply before??.  I'll try elimination.   

Respected Contributor

@Jk9 , I use the sunscreen because I don't believe the foundation alone is enough...I go very light with foundation, and if I'm going to be outdoors I need a good sunscreen.  I live in Florida and already had skin cancer spots removed.  But I'm going to eliminate one or the other for test.

Respected Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

What kind of sunscreen are you using? ...mineral or chemical? Is it waterproof or sweatproof?

@SilleeMee , this is what I'm using now, and im having this problem. 20220201_151605.jpg

Respected Contributor

@Dusty1 ...its a fairly new foundation,  and I really do not like it.  It was difficult to blend before, but now it's impossible with the other products I mentioned.   I ordered it online from Sephora, and I threw receipts/box out...was expensive too. 😣

Honored Contributor

@Dazlin 

Your sunscreen might be the reason for the flaking. Just to be sure try leaving that off the next time you do your face. 

Honored Contributor

@Dazlin   I use that foundation and really like it.  My skin is on the dry side.

I use a serum first, then Dr. Denese Day Cream, primer and the foundation.  I make sure each layer is dry before applying another.

Respected Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

@Dazlin 

Your sunscreen might be the reason for the flaking. Just to be sure try leaving that off the next time you do your face. 

@SilleeMee , going to experiment tomorrow...thx!!

I'll post back here to everyone...appreciate the suggestions!!

Honored Contributor

@Dazlin 

The La Roche sunscreen contains avobenzone, a chemical sunscreen. The EL foundation contains zinc oxide, a mineral sunscreen. The two types of sunscreens should never be mixed or worn together. They react with one another and avobenzone becomes unstable meaning it won't protect you from the UV rays. I have mentioned this before regarding the use of foundation layered with chemical sunscreens. Many foundations contain mineral pigments in the form of oxides.

Honored Contributor

@Dazlin 

You don't need a receipt or the box the product came in to return it.  Just go to the Sephora website, find your purchase and click on "start a return".  You will get a link to print a return label via FedEx.  Take it to your local Dollar General or FedEx location.  I miss the days you could just  pop it in your mailbox to return.