Honored Contributor

MACY’S MAKEUP DISPLAYS NOT COVERED

[ Edited ]

I was in the mall for my hour walk in a/c and noticed that Macy's does not have any plastic coverings over their makeup displays. 

Now for sure I would not apply anything to my face, but good to see that I can test colors of foundations and blush on my own skin (hands). Lipsticks not important at this point, but still use lip pencils as stain over lip balms and eye liners. Always on the lookout for soft, but waterproof liners. 

I'm thinking if anyone's tired or confused by shopping for makeup online and making returns because of wrong shades, Macy's has the answer. 

Honored Contributor

Re: MACY’S MAKEUP DISPLAYS NOT COVERED

@Shanus When are you wearing lipstick these days?  Pre-virus, I had actually planned to discard every bit of lipstick in my possession. But now that I wear a mask so often, I am discarding most, but I've been delaying buying replacements because I've been thinking they'd be 2 years old at least before I'd be using them much if at all.

Honored Contributor

@millieshops wrote:

@Shanus When are you wearing lipstick these days?  Pre-virus, I had actually planned to discard every bit of lipstick in my possession. But now that I wear a mask so often, I am discarding most, but I've been delaying buying replacements because I've been thinking they'd be 2 years old at least before I'd be using them much if at all.

I'm not discarding lipstick because I'm wearing a mask when I go out.  One day (hopefully) we won't have to wear a mask and I'm sure my lipstick won't be too old.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@millieshops wrote:

@millieshops, have you tried liquid lipsticks? They are transfer free with a mask and a lot of cosmetic companies are making them. I adore the Maybelline Ink Liquid lipsticks as they never come off on a mask. Their colors are beautiful and they don't dry out my lips.

Honored Contributor

I still can't convince myself to go in a store other than grocery, drug store and a quick trip to the front section of Target.

My "let's go to the mall and shop for fun" days seem to be gone.  I have no interest at all.  

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Honored Contributor

@Trinity11 Thanks for the recommendation.  I'll tuck that away for future use.  Right now I just can't think of a time and place where I might even want to be wearing lip color, but I'm certainly hoping that day will return.

Honored Contributor

@millieshops   I wear my lipstick at home and in the car.

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

I wear lipstick every day.

Honored Contributor

@Katcat1 I've switched to my Burt's Bees Lip Balm.   I can't remember the last time I saw a friend wearing lipstick.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Shanus, I don't think this is a company wide policy at Macy's because there are no testers available to touch at Macy's Chicago State Street and Water Tower stores.  Maybe the jurisdiction the store is locaed in determines how they are operating the cosmetics department. Counter clerks will give you a sample of foundation and skincare products, and I assume they have devised ways to scrape a little powder products for testing, and they can clean lipsticks for testing, but I'm saying no to all of it.    

I only saw what I did because I was taking a break from walking in the heat around Water Tower and cut through Macy's, and on State Street went through there for a similar reason to get out of the sun and heat for a couple blocks of a walk.