Honored Contributor

NUDEGASM FACE PALETTE $75

CT.jpg

MAC's product isn't  on their website yet but based on other face products, it should be about 1/2 of the CT price.  The Mac product is going in my "I'm thinking about it" folder.

mac.jpg

Honored Contributor

@monicakm - is it a contour/highlight palette?

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Honored Contributor

@Chi-town girl 

I KNOW the CT palette is and it looks like the Mac one is as well

Here is info on the CT palette...

A nude makeup palette with sculpting and glowing shades to beautify your cheeks and eyes for a sun-kissed, runway-ready SUPER GLOW!

Honored Contributor

@monicakm wrote:

@Chi-town girl 

I KNOW the CT palette is and it looks like the Mac one is as well

Here is info on the CT palette...

A nude makeup palette with sculpting and glowing shades to beautify your cheeks and eyes for a sun-kissed, runway-ready SUPER GLOW!

Visually it looks like the CT has a couple of matte finishes. And the MAC one - the lightest color can maybe double as a lid base and brow highlight

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Honored Contributor

@monicakm - the CT choice - bottom right is the color of the bronzer that I have.  The lower left is way to dark for me if this is supposed to be a face palette.  Although might be able to use it on the outer edge of my eyes or as a liner.  The upper two would be ok.

The MAC choice - all the colors would probably work for me but the one I'm least sure of is the bottom right.  Might be ok with a light hand.

So, besides the cost being less, think the MAC would be my choice.

Esteemed Contributor

I like the MAC better. I've heard criticism on the way CT markets her products, that she exaggerates the effect they have. Also being overpriced. Personally, I would stay away from CT and try other brands. Several youtubers don't care about her. 

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog."

Mark Twain
Respected Contributor
I have not been a fan of the Charlotte Tilbury products I’ve tried. I think fine but don’t justify the price. MAC is generally a solid brand I don’t mind paying for.
Respected Contributor

IMHO Charlotte Tilbury is really over-rated and over-priced. The things I had purchased from the line were just average. I kept them for awhile then de-cluttered long ago.

"Cats are poetry in motion. Dogs are gibberish in neutral." -Garfield
Honored Contributor

Neither of these interest me. However, I think they are both beautiful to look at.  I am not a highlighter person and I don't like palettes like this.  I don't like overly glowy products on my face and that's what these look like, except for the one bronzer shade.

Honored Contributor

That's what I've read about her products too @teganslaw  I do have a bronze and glow palette, Hollywood Flawless Filter Youth Glow and Airbrush Flawless Filter pressed powder.  The pressed powder I'm super happy with except for the price and how fast it is used up.  Bronze and Glow is very pretty but I kinda forgot about it as I've bought other bronzers and highlighters.  Flawless filter is probably my least favorite but I want to use it again.  Doesn't offer much "glow" imo.   Except for the powder, the other two products are minis so I'm not out and arm and a leg.  I wish more companies offered minis.