Honored Contributor

Re: MAC show, who’s watching?

Did anyone find the show a bit confusing, fast paced and too many new products presented quickly w/ not enough explanation to make decisions? 

Honored Contributor

I did think Shawn looked too orange, she said she wanted to look tan, but I found it to be too orange. she did ask the guest what she thought of her choice of color and the guest kind of danced around it, and gave her no definitive response.

I have never tried MAC for myself, but when I paid a fortune to a pro for makeup for my daughter's wedding, she said she used all MAC on me, it did look nice, especially on the pictures. My daughter's MIL wrote down all the products and shades the pro used on her and planned on buying them for herself.  

Honored Contributor

@Shelbelle wrote:

I did think Shawn looked too orange, she said she wanted to look tan, but I found it to be too orange. she did ask the guest what she thought of her choice of color and the guest kind of danced around it, and gave her no definitive response.

I have never tried MAC for myself, but when I paid a fortune to a pro for makeup for my daughter's wedding, she said she used all MAC on me, it did look nice, especially on the pictures. My daughter's MIL wrote down all the products and shades the pro used on her and planned on buying them for herself.  

@Shelbelle Shawn should stay with a foundation that is her skin tone not the skin tone she wants to be.......That was way too dark for her! The MAC rep did not really answer her, but she should have politely told her that her foundation should match her skin and then she can warm her skin up with bronzer.......

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Shelbelle wrote:

@Shelbelle   @CANDLEQUEEN  It looked like Shawn was color correcting/changing shades to look tan with her foundation. That's a big no! Self tan if you want to look tan or use bronzer lightly...she went overboard there, too. Foundation must match your skin...at the time...not the shade you'd like to be. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

In general, MAC and Urban Decay are more theatrical in shades of makeup and techniques. Their shades are brighter in shadows, blushes and foundations have more coverage. Neither is known to give a natural no makeup look. Just a bit of advice when purchasing. 

Honored Contributor

Isnt MAC owned by Estee Lauder?

Honored Contributor

@Shelbelle wrote:

Isnt MAC owned by Estee Lauder?

@Shelbelle   Yes, it is.

Honored Contributor

I have used MAC in the past and I do have some lipsticks in my collection now.  I was never a big fan of MAC foundations although it has been a very long time since I've tried any.  The shadows I purchased were nice but nothing I had to repurchase.  At the time I was using MAC more regularly, I didn't care for any of its mascaras.

One of their lipsticks "O" was a go to shade for me.  I absolutely loved it and went through multiple tubes of that lipstick.  Now I cannot stand it on me.  LOL  Looking at the shade I still think it's a gorgeous color but something about my skintone or taste changed and I find it too dark for me.  

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

Isn't just about EVERY prestige cosmetic company owned by Lauder at this stage of the game?

Super Contributor

@Shelbelle wrote:

Her makeup was some of the worst I've seen on TV - the shades were all wrong on her and her brows were awful. The presentations and Shawn getting tips for herself and shopping for herself really were a trainwreck. Elise, Jennifer, or Courtney would've been better choices for the host.

I'm waiting for restrictions to lift to finally get a full MAC makeover.