Valued Contributor

Re: MAC show, who’s watching?

Happy to see MAC too!

I’ve been using twig and spirit lipsticks and quarry and coquette eyeshadow since the early 90s. They’re still great colors for me. I’m trying not to buy so many pre made palettes and lately have been sticking to the Mac Pro palette pan refills to streamline my makeup collection, plus the MAC artists I’ve been to are great with recommending good colors and techniques for me.
Esteemed Contributor

I was interested in trying something new , however I did get the impression from what was being said by the Host that the show was  very much directed at  people who are already MAC customers since she said she was trying to get MAC to come to QVC for the last 15 yrs.  Maybe they might  present these MAc cosmetics again at special pricing for those new to the line . I think the presentations were disjointed. Although  the Rep in LA did a better job of  explaination and demonstartion but the Host kept interrupting ...

" Hold that thought ".  This is where the QVC Host needs to let the Rep do their job .

It was crazy how the colors were arranged on the  ordering page, by the time I  had narrowed ny color down to abt 2 choices ,  they were sold out of the  2 colors I was going to try, so I just said forget abt it . for now. 

Frequent Contributor

I stopped using MAC after I had breast cancer and stopped using products with parabens. Thought I’d look online and see if they’ve updated their formulas, but QVC hasn’t included the ingredients.
Respected Contributor

@philom wrote:

Completely agree-and Shawn was wrong at least twice 

There's going to be a lot of returned foundation based on Shawn's misleading people on how to identify cool versus warm tones. I couldn't believe the MAC rep agreed with her misinformation!

Frequent Contributor

I can’t with MAC. Gave up on them about 20 yrs ago. I hated going to the counter, most of them acted snotty and thought they were “edgy”. When I realized they were part of Estée Lauder, that was it, over, the company would advertise pink items for breast cancer, but kept ingredients in that are believed to cause/complicate breast cancer.