Super Contributor

Re: MAC show, who’s watching?

Kinda complicated.   Look at veins in your wrist.  If they are bluish/purplish you are a warm or W.    If they are greenish, you are a cool or a C.   Then look for your general family in the pics for the product.  Pick out a face you think looks like your skin.  

Respected Contributor

@MeriH I have loved Mac for more years that I can even count. I love the eyeshadows, blush, Stuido Fix Fluid Foundation, eyeliner, Lipglass, lipsticks. brushes, tweezers, Turquatic Fragrance, Fast Response Eye Cream (I don't use it as my main eye cream-I need more moisture-but I love to tap it under my eyes over makeup to refresh), eye primer, mascara..I love makeup & Mac is my favorite over all brand.

Occasional Contributor

I'm watching! I was so excited, BUT now something is driving me batty.  They were talking about how you can tell if you have warm or cool undertones to your skin, and the advice they gave is incorrect. If you you look at the veins in your forearms and they appear to be closer to a shade of green, then you are a "WARM tone". If you see blue, then you're a "COOL tone". 
I was a makeup artist and a painter, I've taken numerous classes over the years and GREEN veins have always indicated warm undertones and BLUE indicated you had cool undertones. The MAC Studios I have been also educate warm=green veins, cool=blue veins and neutral skin may have both. 

I'm completely bewildered with tonight's presentation. 

Occasional Contributor

YES!! It's driving me crazy! I just posted the same thing! How can this be happening?! 

Respected Contributor

@depglass 

If you are looking at their foundations or powders C colors are yellow. N colors are neutral. W colors are "pink", not really pink, but what you typically think of as the cool tones.

So products that are just listed as C are yellow & then the colors get deeper as the number gets higher.

NC is a neutral with a more yellow tone than an NW shade which is more beige/pink/peach with the lower numbers like 10 being very fair.

N shades are more neutral with a balance of yellow/pink tones.

I hope that makes sense.

Honored Contributor

I didn't watch the show. These days I have not worn any lippies or makeup either. No point in watching.

Super Contributor

@Gshopping 

What you say makes perfect sense, after all blue mixed with Yellow make green, a WARM color.   Blue and purple are considered cool colors.

This is very confusing,  

Frequent Contributor

@Dusty1
Thank you! I love eyeshadows...lol do you know if they have a foundation that isn't full coverage? I have freckles and I like them....
Occasional Contributor

24308B2E-22F1-4212-BF8B-CC366EEB405B.jpegNot sure why

Spoiler

my response did not post under your entry, but they are wrong! How can this be happening? 

Respected Contributor

@gigy If you know what shades you are in other brands you can get some close idea.

Temptalia has a foundation matrix that can help you match, too.

Do you know if your skin tone is more yellow, pink or neutral?

You need to pick the tone & then the depth.

I am fair/neutral. Not porcelain or pale, but light toned. 

N4 is a fair/neutral in the Studio Fix Powder & it works well for me.

I wear NW18 in the Studio Fix Fluid.