Respected Contributor

Re: MAC lipsticks? Are they worth it?

I go through a lot of Mac products & you bring in any 6 Mac products to a counter & you can choose a free lipstick. Usually just from the permanent line of regular lipsticks, except for the Viva Glams. You can't usually get the lipsticks from the limited addition collections & the money from the Viva Glams goes to the Aids fund, so you can't choose them for the free lipstick. If you go to a Mac Store you can choose a lipgloss or an eye shadow as your free product.

Respected Contributor

On 1/12/2015 sfnative said:

I absolutely LOVE MAC lipsticks and didn't know that about the 6 empty tubes. Right now I need to get to a store a check out matte finish colors in a tube. I have a number of MAC Pro Longwear, which I love, love, love, but need a different look to go with my new suits for consulting.

Frankly, though $16 may seem a lot for you, it seems reasonable to me. In the 80s and 90s, I was paying well into the high $20s for Christian Dior - that was ages ago!

Hope you really like your new lipstick!

Edited to add that I think you'll be impressed with color density and last-ability of MAC lip products.

I bought the Honey Love which is a matte, but with all the colors it was a hard choice even for just the neutral colors. Honestly, I don't mind paying $16 for a lipstick that's worth it. I'm really excited now after reading all your comments. I looked on Amazon,but was scared it would be a fake product. I've heard there are all kinds of fake knock offs out there when it comes to MAC.
Trusted Contributor

On 1/12/2015 Reva said:

Yes, it's a great lipstick! I've been wearing MAC lipstick in the color Syrup for around 4 years and love it. They are a little pricey but worth it as they stay on very well. I don't know what the policy is at Nordstrom's but I've always purchased mine at the MAC counter at Macy's and if you bring in 6 empty lipstick tubes, they give you a free lipstick. I probably go thru 5-6 tubes every year so they add up quickly. I keep the box too and just put my empty tube back in the box and bring them in. It's a good deal and an awesome lipstick. Reva

thank you so much for posting this - I had absolutely no idea this existed. I have 6 items I'm ready to recycle. I LOvE mac lipliner pencils as well as the lipsticks.
Super Contributor

On 1/12/2015 beach-mom said:
On 1/12/2015 Reva said:
On 1/12/2015 jewelsluvsbeauty said:
On 1/12/2015 Reva said:

Yes, it's a great lipstick! I've been wearing MAC lipstick in the color Syrup for around 4 years and love it. They are a little pricey but worth it as they stay on very well. I don't know what the policy is at Nordstrom's but I've always purchased mine at the MAC counter at Macy's and if you bring in 6 empty lipstick tubes, they give you a free lipstick. I probably go thru 5-6 tubes every year so they add up quickly. I keep the box too and just put my empty tube back in the box and bring them in. It's a good deal and an awesome lipstick. Reva

does it have to be 6 mac lipsticks, or 6 of any brand? thank you

As far as I know, it's only offered with MAC lipstick.

DD wears a lot of MAC. I have some of the lipsticks and they're great! The recycling policy, called "Back to MAC," is MAC's, not the individual store's - although any store that sells MAC has to honor it, and I believe it's for 6 MAC products of any kind. They will take empty eye shadow containers, mascara tubes, eyeliners, blush, foundation, etc. YOU will get a free lipstick of choice! DD has done this many times. She takes back her empty paint tube containers a lot! Smile

Oh...that's great to hear! I thought it was only for the lipstick, probably because I've only bought their lipstick and not any other MAC cosmetic. Thanks for posting this! Reva

Super Contributor

On 1/12/2015 wvumountiefan said: Thanks Reva! Love your name as that is my mom's name! Smiley Happy I ordered the honey love and it's a neutral matte. I thought I would order a neutral first and then dip into some colors. It was $16, but there are a lot of other lipsticks out there that are pricier. Anyway, thanks for your reply! I'll let you know what I think.

wvumountiefan look forward to hearing how you like the lipstick! I just paid $16 for my last tube of lipstick at Macy's MAC counter but if you love a product, it's worth it! Reva