Super Contributor

I just ordered my first mac lipstick yesterday. Two questions for those that have used this product (1) is it true to color and (2) how does it wear?

Honored Contributor

Re: MAC lipstick

[ Edited ]

@leighagemini...I purchased my first MAC lipstick 6 months ago! 1) YES, they are true to color. I bought a hot pink lipstick & it is a WOWEE PINKY (look at my profile pic)! Beautiful, I must say. 2). It is long wearing, but like any other long- wearing 💄 it does need to be touched up after a tasty meal. It wears through drinking coffee or tea, but not a burger & fries! Enjoy!!

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Trusted Contributor

@leighageminiI have worn MAC lipsticks for 15+ years and love them. I have tried all of the formulas and my 3 favorite formulas for truest color and longest wear are,

1) amplified creme 2) satin and 3) lustre.

I tried one of their matte shades, but like all other brands of matte lipstick, I found it to be too drying on my lips.

I think I'm probably on my 6th tube of Spirit. Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

I too have purchased MAC lipsticks for years. Love their formula. My favorite are their Creme lippies.....They are true to color, and last about as long as most lipsticks in my opinion...I love their vast color assortment!

Respected Contributor

Re: MAC lipstick

[ Edited ]

I also have worn MAC lipsticks for many years.  Right now I am wearing Bronze Shimmer with a lip liner called Mahagony.  Love thier liners and they serve to hold feathering.  The liners are perfect, soft and can be worn over the whole lip and if you want some shine then a clear gloss.  For me Bronze Shimmer is too gold, but with the Mahagony liner works great.  I have a stash in case.  Receive many complements with people asking me what shade, including the salesperson at ULTA, the person behind the deli counter, and the painter I hired to paint my family room