Trusted Contributor

MAC is fantastic. It has millions of color choices for all ethnicites and lifestyles.

Valued Contributor

@sullw wrote:

What is going on with MAC?  I love them and swear by many of the products but was suprised to see them at Ulta now and now Q?

Does anyone know are they having financial difficulties? Trouble competing with other brands?

Think new leadership has took over and MU world has changed since the beauty guru thing has took over.  A lot of MU companies have had to expand beyond the counters into  various MU websites and other standing stores. 

Honored Contributor

I used to love their lipsticks when I lived near a mall.  I'm in the middle of nowhere now, so I'm thrilled to see them coming to QVC.  Let's hope they offer more than the standard 5 or 6 shades of foundation. 

Honored Contributor

I ❤️ Mac eyeshadows. The colors are so vibrant! Bring it on!!

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Honored Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

@HXGirl wrote:
Shawn just announced MAC is coming to the Q! I can't wait as I love their products and have been using them for 20 years. Yay!

@HXGirl  Wow. They do so well in dept. stores & have free standing stores of their own. I find it strange that they'd see the need to sell on a shopping channel.

@Shanus...I'm sure it's for those who prefer to shop at home rather than fight the department store crowds. I live in a city with one of the best malls in the US, but if I much prefer restocking via online. It's just a matter of preference. I'll be excited to see what kind of Mac deals QVC brings us. Happy Mac'ing! 😜

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Respected Contributor

Did anyone else hear Shawn announce this? I'm just wondering as I watched some of the show, but fell asleep. I love MAC,and I hope this is true! I'm just hoping that someone else heard her say this. 😊

Valued Contributor

@winamac1 wrote:

@Abrowneyegirl wrote:

Yawn!!!

Of course they are coming to the Q, their marketshare is down.  The MAC line does not resonate with younger shoppers.  There too many other new, fresh, cool lines out there and most at better price points.

It certainly resonates with the younger shoppers.  That's who is buying their line for the most part--I know a woman who works at MAC.  They have a road audience, but the younger women are definitely a huge part of it.

I love MAC lipsticks.

Totally agree -- the MAC counter (loud music and all) at our Macy's store is always quite busy with 'young' shoppers!  I have never seen middle age or older women at the counter purchasing products or getting makeovers!  

Honored Contributor

I have never used MAC but I look forward to seeing what they have to offer.  Looking forward to Valerie Bertinelli in the food dept.  It will be nice to see any new faces.  Cat Very Happy

kindness is strength
Respected Contributor

@sullw wrote:

What is going on with MAC?  I love them and swear by many of the products but was suprised to see them at Ulta now and now Q?

Does anyone know are they having financial difficulties? Trouble competing with other brands?

I don't take it as MAC having financial difficulties because they are in Ulta stores now.  I believe it's Ulta the one that has to bring in more brands to stay afloat. 

Trusted Contributor

I'm not a huge fan of MAC - I always found the line to be more "theatrical" if you will.  The younger devotees love the line I'm sure for their clubbing looks, etc.  The MAC artists sure do enjoy what they do though, very creative!