Esteemed Contributor

@Shanus I agree! I ordered it this morning. The colors are great and MAC lip products are very good! It is a great deal all the way around.

Honored Contributor

@luvzchiz wrote:

FYI. MAC cosmetics are not cruelty free.  

Which is why I have to say:

Sorry, MAC NO!

Estee Lauder NO.

Honored Contributor

I think it is a great deal! I just recently started using a Lip Primer and it makes such a difference for me. I had bleeding/feathering on my top lip line so much, my lipstick looked awful in the middle of the afternoon.

Lip Primer made a big difference for me. 

The colors look really pretty-just wondering how they would look on a light tan complexion though?

Respected Contributor

@scatcat Cruelty free is hard to determine. I don't think any product is completely free from testing as the ingredients that they use have probably been tested on animals at some point. But, I am not an expert on what makes a product considered completely free of testing.

This is from the Mac web site.

WORKING TOWARD A CRUELTY-FREE WORLD

M·A·C does not test on animals. We do not own any animal testing facilities and we never ask others to test on animals for us. While some governments conduct animal testing to prove safety before they will allow us to sell our products, M·A·C has never tested on animals and we continue to be a leader in the movement to end animal testing globally.  To this end, we are proud to partner with IIVS (INSTITUTE FOR IN VITRO SCIENCES) to expand the use and acceptance of non-animal testing methods worldwide.

FAQ

Here are the answers to some of the questions we get asked most often. If you have others, please CLICK HERE to contact us and we’ll get back to you. We want to keep the conversation going.

Which countries require animal testing?
China tests on animals as part of its safety assessment of cosmetic products. We love our fans and we never want to exclude them anywhere.

How does M·A·C test its products for safety and efficacy?
We use human volunteers and we conduct or commission in vitro testing.

Does M·A·C own any animal testing facilities?
No. We don’t own any animal testing facilities anywhere in the world.

What is the Institute for In Vitro Sciences?
The INSTITUTE FOR IN VITRO SCIENCES (IIVS) develops and implements programs in countries where in vitro testing is not accepted in order to educate scientists on the scientifically validated safety record of these methods. We are proud to announce a new partnership with the INSTITUTE FOR IN VITRO SCIENCES (IIVS) to help ensure that alternative testing becomes the global standard. By funding IIVS’s International Outreach Program (IOP), we are working to make a difference. The IOP provides a wide array of support including technical assistance in the form of lectures, workshops and hands-on training sessions to countries that rely on animal testing to determine the safety of products or ingredients.

Trusted Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

Yes, MAC is owned by Lauder and may the saving grace of the company.

When I was recently in DC, I was at the Bobbi Brown counter at NM which has been diminished to about a three foot space instead of the much larger area it was before. The rep said they think it will be removed from their stores completely...many items are not being replenished.

Lauder killed the BB line. 

How did Estee Lauder kill the line? It has owned it since 1995, and revenues do not reflect what you are claiming. 

“The fear of becoming old is born of the recognition that one is not living now the life that one wishes. It is equivalent to a sense of abusing the present.” Susan Sontag
Honored Contributor

Re: MAC TSV...YES!

[ Edited ]

@luvzchiz wrote:

FYI. MAC cosmetics are not cruelty free.  

"Cruelty free" is superficial. Look hard enough and find 'CF' has no real boundaries.

"Cruelty Free"/"Not Tested on Animals"

https://www.fda.gov/cosmetics/cosmetics-labeling-claims/cruelty-freenot-tested-animals

Honored Contributor

too brown for me and lipliners, not so much for me--just tossed out about 6 recently. 

Honored Contributor

Never heard of a lip primer.  I preferred the Autumn shipment over the current one, so easy pass for me.  The liner colors looked nice, but I've never worn MAC.

I have see where some makeup artists not only line the lip, but use the lip liner over the entire lip which supposedly makes for a long lasting lip.  I've tried that, but hate how dry the liner is.  I happened to have a lippie I bought as Sally's that I like the color of, but didn't realize it was matte when I bought it.  I use that after I line my lips and then use my lipstick over it.  It goes on wet with a little wand like a lip gloss would, but dries matte.

Trusted Contributor

I go to the MAC Counter at Nordstrom and select the colors that look best on me.  The TSV will not work for my coloring but I love the brand and use many of their products.

Honored Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

What a great deal!!! The Primer for Lip is worth its weight in gold to smoothe the lips, keep lipstick in place and no feathering   into lines.

The shades of lipsticks and liners are definitely universal. The price is much less than I can purchase the individal items. 

Yes, I ordered the TSV.

...If you have difficulty with lipstick staying on even under a mask, try these.

MAC has a wonderful program for licensed makeup artists. Large discounts offered and everything offered for a fraction of the retail price. FYI.