Honored Contributor

I'm not even 1/2 thru the 2 tubes bought from Q and both are broken🤬🤬

Now I have to use lip brush because any pressure on lipstick makes it worse!

My first experience buying MAC and not a good one☹️

Respected Contributor

I bought a set of two awhile back, both intact.

Respected Contributor

@homedecor1 What formula are the lipsticks? 

I have a lot of Mac Lipsticks & the only ones that I have trouble with are the Lustreglass Sheer Shine. They are very soft.

It's a pain.

I have the same problem a Pat McGrath sheer lipstick taht I have.

Respected Contributor

I've never had a problem with MAC breaking. I never raise my lipsticks very high.

Are the lipsticks kept in a warm area?

Honored Contributor

Re: MAC Lipsticks —

[ Edited ]

@Dusty1 

they are the luster glass shine and frankly, I ordered another set awhile back -- I may send them back.  $40 is a lot of $$$ for broken lipsticks☹️

Honored Contributor

@Etoile308 

No I keep them in my bathroom on vanity.  I didn't raise them too high, I think it's because they are extra creamy.  I'm pretty light handed when applying since they are so creamy.  Just annoying!!

Whatever the cause I have L'Oreal lipsticks that I've used for over a year and 1/3 cost and no breakage🤔

Respected Contributor

I found a Lustreglass MAC color that I was looking for at TJMAXX.  $7.99.  So far so good.  I would NEVER pay the full price for MAC lipsticks.

Trusted Contributor

I've been using MAC lipsticks for years and have never had a problem with the bullet breaking. MAC's customer service is outstanding. Since you've experienced this problem with 2 tubes of lipstick, I'm sure they will allow you to do an exact exchange.

Honored Contributor

good idea @Quinny  I may call MAC CS.  

They are both "cremesheen" lipsticks

Contributor

If you line up the broken with that in the tube, take a lip brush to cover the broken line and put in your fridge overnight...that should do it.