Trusted Contributor

Re: MAC Lash Dry Shampoo Mascara Refresher?

@monicakm I don't usually bother with that because my favorite mascaras stay looking good for most of the day, but I think it's an interesting idea.  Not sure I would buy it even if it gets great reviews because I don't go out at night much anymore.

However, I'm all for innovation.  Sure a lot of "new" products are stupid or don't perform well, but I applaud companies that bring out something new instead of just being a copycat like so many brands are nowadays.

MAC has kind of become a forgotten brand so I'm curious to see how this product launch goes.

Frequent Contributor

@lkat wrote:

@BiggsE We get it, you're not interested, you've made that very clear.  That's fine.  We each have to decide what we want to spend our money on. 

Yes, thank you.  Like you said, if you try it, let us know what you think.  I'd be interested to read your review ikat.

Honored Contributor

@sunshine45 

Forgot about mascara primer.  YES, it makes a big difference!  

Honored Contributor

@BiggsE 

Yes, I wear false lashes but I haven't always.  I've been wearing mascara since I was 13.  I'll be 64 next month so yes, I spent decades wearing mascara.  And yes, there have been a few times I put mascara on my false lashes.  

Frequent Contributor

[ Edited ]

@monicakm wrote:

@BiggsE 

Yes, I wear false lashes but I haven't always.  I've been wearing mascara since I was 13.  I'll be 64 next month so yes, I spent decades wearing mascara.  And yes, there have been a few times I put mascara on my false lashes.  

@monicakmI Can't be so bothered with falsies.  I just use a really good mascara by Estee Lauder.  I love how it feels all day.  I add more mascare to my lashes, if I want and they still look and feel nice.  I usually only have to refresh my "face."  Nothing else.  I'm not living the kind of lifestyle that requires too much refreshing of much though.Woman Happy

Honored Contributor

@lkat 

I would wear mascara like this (clumpy) during the day Smiley Wink  

I like new innovative products too and am always eager to try them out

if it looks like something I'm interested in.  

I think MAC was not as popular a cosmetics brand about

the time I got into higher end cosmetics and skincare (2020).

I hate to see any company lose its mojo.

Honored Contributor

@BiggsE 

Everyone is different and maybe it's because I spent SO much time applying and perfecting my mascara application, that when I started using false lashes it actually cut down the amt of time I spent on them.  I used to have really long lashes.  With mascara, my lashes would touch my eyebrows.  I was constantly having to prove they were real.  Now they're short short short.  Some of that is age, thyroid and some is not taking my false lashes off like I should...with remover.  I can be bothered!  It's priorities.

Frequent Contributor

@monicakm wrote:

@BiggsE 

Everyone is different and maybe it's because I spent SO much time applying and perfecting my mascara application, that when I started using false lashes it actually cut down the amt of time I spent on them.  I used to have really long lashes.  With mascara, my lashes would touch my eyebrows.  I was constantly having to prove they were real.  Now they're short short short.  Some of that is age, thyroid and some is not taking my false lashes off like I should...with remover.  I can be bothered!  It's priorities.

@monicakm   I agree.  I don't bother with the false lashes, as I have never been good at doing things like that for myself.  It wasn't until I retired that I stopped having my hair done.  I'm clumsy too.  Can't be bothered.  Another factor in my not wanting falsies is I have extreme eye allergies.  Everytime I wear mascara I pray it won't give me a problem.  I use a good brand too.  Sometimes it will irritate and sometimes it will not. 

You shared what your likes are and I'm sharing what and why I do what I do in the area of makeup.  I wish I was just born rich!  LOL.

Honored Contributor

I hear so many women say "I'm just not good at putting on false lashes".  I don't think anyone is good at putting on false lashes in the beginning. It takes practice like so many other things. And maybe also depends on how bad you want it. Lashes and lips have always been my thing.  

Frequent Contributor

@monicakm wrote:

I hear so many women say "I'm just not good at putting on false lashes".  I don't think anyone is good at putting on false lashes in the beginning. It takes practice like so many other things. And maybe also depends on how bad you want it. Lashes and lips have always been my thing.  

@monicakm   You enjoy it!  Woman Indifferent Makeup isn't something I sit around to determine how badly I want to partake in it.  It's a choice for me not a need.