Frequent Contributor

Re: MAC Lash Dry Shampoo Mascara Refresher?

@monicakm wrote:

@BiggsE 

OK, dry shampoo...yes, it helps to remove grease and oil but it's also used for VOLUME and volume is what this mascara is meant to do.  They may have shot themselves in the foot by naming it "dry shampoo" or maybe not.  The idea is to give your mascara-ed lashes a boost of volume. 

I love wearing false lashes!  

@monicakm 

Enjoy it!  It's not for me.  Extra money for something I never needed before.  It is a gimmicke. 

Frequent Contributor

To Everybody:

If I want to refresh my eyelashes, the little that I have, I'd use makeup remover to remove any product already there, then reapply.  That would be one less product for me to get attached to, under the guise that it's something that I need, when it is not.  No way, Jose!!!!

Honored Contributor

@BiggsE 

Oh I won't be buying it.  I wear false lashes exclusively and only put mascara on my bottom lashes.  Loreal Telescopic is what I use.

Trusted Contributor

Interesting idea, I'm really curious to see some reviews.  I think it would be great to use it to freshen up before a night out if it works. 

I know I would NOT want to go through the hassle of removing all my eye makeup and mascara and have to do it all over again if I just wanted to touch it up or amp it up before a night out.

Honored Contributor

When I wore mascara, before my switch to false lashes, I usually wore it to bed.  I could sometimes (depending on how I slept) wake up and put new mascara over old.  I got this more clumpy look and usually liked it.  That's the one thing I don't miss about mascara.  I was always super picky about how they looked and spent way too much time perfecting the look.  I've even put mascara on false lashes to make them look less perfect.

Frequent Contributor

@lkat wrote:

Interesting idea, I'm really curious to see some reviews.  I think it would be great to use it to freshen up before a night out if it works. 

I know I would NOT want to go through the hassle of removing all my eye makeup and mascara and have to do it all over again if I just wanted to touch it up or amp it up before a night out.

@lkatThere are plenty of mascara's out there that don't require a separate product to "refresh your lashes."  I use them.  It Depends on the formula you already are using.  MAC's R&D department will get you to part with your money, however they can.  I've been fine w/o this for years and I will continue to be.  I have learned a lot about the beauty industry over the years.  If you indulge, do let us know what you think.  Though, I will still never buy it. Woman Embarassed

Trusted Contributor

@BiggsE We get it, you're not interested, you've made that very clear.  That's fine.  We each have to decide what we want to spend our money on. 

Honored Contributor

@lkat 

I've spent decades freshening up my mascara by just adding another coat of what I'm already wearing.  I don't see the big deal about this mascara.  Seems like you could get the same thing by adding a voluminzing mascara.  But, it might be something ground breaking Smiley Wink

Honored Contributor

i will never say "never" but.......

i already use a mascara primer which makes a huge difference, followed by it cosmetics tightline for a light coating and separation, and THEN my mascara.....usually applied twice. if i felt like i needed a refresh later in the day i would probably just add another coat of mascara OR use the tightline again over what i already have on my lashes.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Frequent Contributor

@monicakm wrote:

@lkat 

I've spent decades freshening up my mascara by just adding another coat of what I'm already wearing.  I don't see the big deal about this mascara.  Seems like you could get the same thing by adding a voluminzing mascara.  But, it might be something ground breaking Smiley Wink

Didn't you say you wear eyelashes.  Do you do both?  I've heard some women do both.