Honored Contributor

MAC - Have you purchased anything this weekend?

I've been watching the shows.  I purchased the Studio Fix Powder foundation.  I wore it years ago and hope I ordered the correct shade.  

Have you bought any MAC lately?  I almost purchased the lipstick trio too, but didn't.

Honored Contributor

Re: MAC - Have you purchased anything this weekend?

I bought an eyeshadow palette on the other channel, my first ever MAC purchase.

Esteemed Contributor

@San Antonio Gal  I am watching the show but have no idea what shades to get.  I don't seem to match any of the pics that they have--maybe because all of the MAC models are younger.  I would like new makeup for the fall season, but I may visit the MAC store, get the correct shades, and save the shipping charges.

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!
Honored Contributor

@SXMGirl wrote:

@San Antonio Gal  I am watching the show but have no idea what shades to get.  I don't seem to match any of the pics that they have--maybe because all of the MAC models are younger.  I would like new makeup for the fall season, but I may visit the MAC store, get the correct shades, and save the shipping charges.

you should 

they give samples to try, I started with the sheerest and went back for the next one with more coverage which is better

Esteemed Contributor

@jackthebear  Thanks for that info.  The last time that I was in a MAC store was when we lived in SXM.  At that time, I always had a tan.  Not so much now, so I expect that I will wear a different shade.

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!
Respected Contributor

I just put the blush trio in my cart. I love the extra dimension blushes & these colors look so pretty.

Honored Contributor

@San Antonio Gal wrote:

I've been watching the shows.  I purchased the Studio Fix Powder foundation.  I wore it years ago and hope I ordered the correct shade.  

Have you bought any MAC lately?  I almost purchased the lipstick trio too, but didn't.

@San Antonio Gal   I purchased the neutral palette w/ brush 217. I can always use another neutral palette and this one looked like it had a lot of cooler tones. Brush 217 is iconic. I own several and can use this one brush to do an entire eye look. 

Honored Contributor

No ---have so much to use up, think I have some MAC in my hoardWoman Tongue ----probably needs to be tossed. Forgot it was even on TV---

Trusted Contributor

I also purchased the powder foundation with brush.  I had used it years ago and remember liking it.  Don't remember what shade I used though so I hope I chose wisely.  But there are so many shades so close together, I think you can probably wear a few diffent shades and still be OK.

Honored Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

@San Antonio Gal wrote:

@San Antonio Gal   I purchased the neutral palette w/ brush 217. I can always use another neutral palette and this one looked like it had a lot of cooler tones. Brush 217 is iconic. I own several and can use this one brush to do an entire eye look. 

@Shanus , are you aware that MAC give nice discounts to makeup artists? No need to pay retail...