Respected Contributor

M. Asam Magic finish not so magic for me!!!

It arrived yesterday and I immediately washed my face and put it on.  It looks like chocolate mouse and feels like tinted silicone.  It does kind of match your face although a little light on me (light side of medium).   I applied it on half a clean face and took a selphie.  It could not tell which side of face it was on.  It did not cover well but did kind of even out things.  This morning I applied on face with that austrailian suncreen and that did not turn out well.  Did not spread well and went over top of pores and I had holes or white pokadots.  From a distance not so bad but in 10x makeup mirror was not good.  I applied on forehead without sunscreen and was better.  On a different sunscreen or moisturizer with sunscreen it might do better.  However it is going back.  It piles into wrinkles and sits there.  Also face has a texture I don't like.  It really might be great on some people but not on me.  If it had a built in spf might be okay but you would have to find something that would play well with it.  I was going to wait until I wore all day to give review but I know it would not work for me.  I have plenty of foundations that don't make me look great so I do not need another one. 

Just went outside with a mirror just to make sure and I have to say the color blends better than any foundation I have ever bought.  But I can feel it on my face.  It may be the austrailian gold sunscreen.  That sunscreen is good by itself but not great with anything else I have tried.  If anyone has a rec. for sunscreen or moisturizer with sunscreen for oily t zone face please leave the name.

Respected Contributor

Re: M. Asam Magic finish not so magic for me!!!

Well, boo.  I was hoping you would have a good report for us!  There is a sunscreen that I'm going to try next called Kiss My Face.  It has a lot of good reviews on Amazon and is not expensive.  I am just not a fan of the Australian Gold.  I don't need the tint and don't like how it has to go on after clothing because of transference.  It is difficult to remove, too.  I do like the texture and mattness of it.  I am going to try it today AGAIN with my liquid makeup only this time I'm not going to use a primer between the two.  Maybe that will work better.

Trusted Contributor

Isn't it a skin care product and not necessarily a makeup foundation?

Respected Contributor

In all fairness to the product, I looked in the mirror 10x last night when I went to wash my face and it did not look bad.  It almost got better during the day.  I still don't like the austrailian gold with it so I might unpackage the magic finish and  try with my Baremineral prep step.  I think I am going back to the prep step.  I am so fickle and looking for the next best thing but I used almost the whole bottle of prep step before I started looking for something else and forgot about it.  It is a rare occurrence for me to use up a makeup product.  A lot of times I use up creams that I don't like on my hands and arms if I don't return it.  In the last presentation on Hsn it is a makeup not skin care.

Respected Contributor

I tried this years ago and though it was a pretty good product. Then this past summer decided to try again and hated it. I looked hideous! My face looked dry and no glow at all and I use great skincare. Plus my skin is in good shape. Back it went.