Respected Contributor

M. Asad -- HSN's Today's Special

Has anyone tried this line of cosmetics?  HSN has M. Asad Tightening Cream and Magic Finish for what seems like a pretty good value.  The Magic Finish looks a little weird as it's foundation that is very dark, but lightens up after it's applied.  One shade for all.  Reviews are good, so I decided to try it.  If it doesn't work out, I can return.  I'm wondering if anyone has tried it and what your thoughts are of the product.  

Respected Contributor

Re: M. Asad -- HSN's Today's Special

@coffee drinker tried the tightening cream and it has totally not worked over 6 months of consistent use.

Honored Contributor

@coffee drinker   Years ago I tried the magic finish but found it too heavy and coating on my skin. Maybe they have improved it since. 

Honored Contributor

The Magic Finish is almost entirely silicone.

Respected Contributor

@SilleeMee Please advise what that silicone statement means.  I don't know much about this makeup.  The reviews sounded good which is why I purchased.  Maybe it'll have to be returned.

Honored Contributor

@coffee drinker wrote:

@SilleeMee Please advise what that silicone statement means.  I don't know much about this makeup.  The reviews sounded good which is why I purchased.  Maybe it'll have to be returned.

@coffee drinker 

Paula's Choice Skincare website has an entire page about what silicone is and what it does as far as a cosmetic ingredient. I posted the link to that page below. For some people silicone is problematic and can cause some skin issues, for example, clogged pores. Other people may find them good for their skin. For me personally I breakout when I use silicone-containing products so I try to avoid using them.

https://www.paulaschoice.com/ingredient-dictionary/silicones/silicone.html

Respected Contributor

@SilleeMee   Good info.  Thank you for posting.  

Honored Contributor

You're welcomeWoman Happy @coffee drinker