Super Contributor

Lutronic Genius: More potent microneedling & radio frequency device

@SilleeMee  and those who are/have microneedled (dermarolling etc)

You may recall in my prior forum post that I’m interested in having “some type” of professional skin needing procedure.  So, I have been going to med spas; plastic surgeons; & dermatologists in my area for consults to determine the best treatment for my skin.  In my last post, I was interested in the Collagen P.I.N. treatment (regimen of 3 treatments in total). 

Today, I was at a plastic surgeon’s office.  This MD put down the scalpel and only uses injectibles; fillers; etc.  The office performs traditional microneedlin  BUT ALSO does a more INTENSIVE form of microneedling which delivers ‘THERMAL ENERGY via radio frequency through the microneedles into the dermis’ (brochure paraphrased).  The device  is called the LUTRONIC GENIUS.  According to the MD this treatment is much more intensive than traditional microneedling and requires 1-2 treatments for the best outcome.  

Just by happenstance, a patient in the private waiting area had the Genius procedure done twice and raved about HER results (skin tightening; acne scars faded; better skin texture). She told me that even though they numbed her face for an hour prior to the procedure and gave her a throat tube with laughing gas...she still let some pain during the treatments.  She said the pain was worth the great outcome.

Please note that I am NOT...NOT...NOT recommending this prodecure/device.  I am merely sharing this information with you all.

Any comments? 

Honored Contributor

Re: Lutronic Genius: More potent microneedling & radio frequency device

@MsCatLuver 

I've only read about that kind of needling with RF. The thing about RF is that it works by heating up the deep skin layers to produce collagen. But this RF energy can also melt away fat in the process, but not always.  Didn't you have a problem with some fat loss with laser? 

Super Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

@MsCatLuver 

I've only read about that kind of needling with RF. The thing about RF is that it works by heating up the deep skin layers to produce collagen. But this RF energy can also melt away fat in the process, but not always.  Didn't you have a problem with some fat loss with laser? 

@SilleeMee   Yes. You are correct about my facial ft loss after fraxel laser.  No more heat therapy/procedures for me. Thank you 

Honored Contributor

RF procedures are usually very successful for the eye areas...tightening the skin on the lower (bags) and upper lids (hooding). It has also been used to tighten the (turkey) neck and jowls. However, the jowls don't respond as well as they would with Ulthera (ultrasound) which is another form of deep heat collagen induction which might be good for reducing fatty jowls plus skin tightening in those areas. @MsCatLuver 

I hope you find something that might work for you. If I were you, I would just get a regular microneedle procedure (not the auto-stamp) and see how that turns out. You might be happy with just that.Woman Happy