Honored Contributor

Luminess airbrush makeup

[ Edited ]

this is on Q right now.I like the idea but I wonder how healthy it is to breath in the spray.Has anyone used this and what do you think about the application?

Trusted Contributor

Re: Luminess airbrush makeup

I missed the presentation and the video isn't up.  But I watched the manufaturers video that is available...I can't believe that the woman didn't even close her eyes when spraying this into her skin!  I do not think that having your eyes open is safe, nor can I understand how this product even works.  It seems like it would need to be spread out or buffed that defeats the airbrush mechanism...I will watch the broadcast once the video is up because I'm fascinated.  

Super Contributor

I did not watch the presentation, but you would think that stuff would end up all over your floors, walls, etc.

Respected Contributor

Yes, it is a mess.  I owned it briefly, before I sent it back.  The cleaning of it is also messy and time consuming task.   For the money and amount of work the results were not that great.

Honored Contributor

I have white hair and even a tiny amount of MU really shows up on it - i would probably have this all over everything - esp. the edges of my hair.

Trusted Contributor

Immediately, when I first saw the product sprayed, I thought of it getting all over everything, i.e., hair, clothing, walls, dressing table in addition to into the eyes and nose!  Definitely not suitable for my makeup purposes.

Respected Contributor

I do not airbrush. You can use airbrush makeup without the machine. Kandee Johnson has a YouTube video "Makeup Artist Secrets: How to Look Airbrushed Without An Airbrush | Kandee Johnson"

Honored Contributor

I though Liminesse was sold on HSN?

Honored Contributor

do you think this product could cause problems with your lungs because you will be inhaling the spray?I think airbrush makeup looks more natural but I haven't heard about any safety studies.

Contributor

[ Edited ]

I ordered two of these Luminess AirSupremacy kits, Warm & Deep, when they premiered on "The Find." I wasn't quite sure of the colors & I tan a lot so I wanted to have the right shade on hand! LOL! I will have to admit this new Luminess AirSupremacy is FANTASTIC! So much easier than having to deal with the airbrush machine, getting your color mixed just right, cleaning the machine etc but you still get the same fabulous airbrush results & your makeup looks great! I couldn't believe how easy it was to use & it doesn't get all over your hair or in your eyes. I wear contacts so that would have been a problem, I do close my eyes when spraying the product though, except when spot applying on specific offenders...age spots & blemishes. I do not use their brush to blend, I have a foundation brush from another company that works perfect at blending it! Blush is a fabulous shade also. I would say if you like airbrush makeup try it, you will love it. I definitely highly recommend...double thumbs up! 😀