Honored Contributor

@ECBG wrote:

@Icegoddess The least invasive soothing product would be rewetting drops for contacts wearers.  I love Allergan products and they're sold everywhere.  Hope this helps.

@ECBG  I'm not really looking for a product.  I don't like using eye drops and am not very good at getting them in my eyes either.  I was just curious as to the safety of using them daily just for keeping white eyes.  

Honored Contributor

@Icegoddess wrote:

@ECBG wrote:

@Icegoddess The least invasive soothing product would be rewetting drops for contacts wearers.  I love Allergan products and they're sold everywhere.  Hope this helps.

@ECBG  I'm not really looking for a product.  I don't like using eye drops and am not very good at getting them in my eyes either.  I was just curious as to the safety of using them daily just for keeping white eyes.  

@Icegoddess Be careful my friend.  The whitening ones constrict your blood vessels.

Contributor

Hi! Lumify definitely gets the red out, but, YIKES!! did I get a splitting headache almost immediately! So, I used it one time and that was it. My eye doctor recommended thera tears to keep my eyes hydrated and I use that every night before bed. My eyes are not bloodshot when I wake up and it is very soothing.

Honored Contributor

If you use lash enhancing products like Latisse or Careprost....those can make your eyes red. That's listed as a possible side effect of bimatopost. Using Careprost has definitely made my eyes more red than before. But I only use the Lumify when I need to go somewhere important...no big deal. 

Honored Contributor

@ECBG wrote:

@Icegoddess wrote:

@ECBG wrote:

@Icegoddess Be careful my friend.  The whitening ones constrict your blood vessels.

@ECBG No worries, I have no plans to use it.  I'm not really concerned about my eyes being white.  My teeth aren't white either.  We tried after getting my braces off a few years back to whiten them before I got my crowns replaced, but I have grey in my teeth and that doesn't whiten as well as yellow teeth.  So, now my front teeth match my grey teeth as much as possible, so no need to try and whiten them now.  If I whiten my eyes, it might even draw attention to the fact that my teeth aren't white.

Esteemed Contributor

@ECBG wrote:

@Icegoddess wrote:

@ECBG wrote:

@ECBG 

So does Visine.

How do you think it gets the red out?

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.
Honored Contributor

Re: Lumify vs Visine

[ Edited ]

@Anonymous032819 wrote:

@ECBG wrote:

@Icegoddess wrote:

@ECBG wrote:

@ECBG 

So does Visine.

How do you think it gets the red out?

@Anonymous032819 All products would have to react with the blood vessels.  I imagine they would constrict the vessels as no other courses are known, but I am not a doctor.  

I DO know that as a contacts wearer, I have been told from the beginning not to buy Visine specfically, probably because of blood vessel restriction which would affect oxygen going to the eye which contacts do on their own to some degree.

Esteemed Contributor

@Mom2Dogs wrote:

My eyes are always red and  bloodshot and the rims are red....I tried Visine and it did nothing but recently tried Lumify...wow what a difference.  The whites of my eyes have never been more clear.

I do not use it every day, not sure it is safe but do use it when I have a special occasion or feel especially bothered by the redness.

@Mom2Dogs, not to be an alarmist, but if they are really bloodshot all the time, have your doc run a CBC and make sure your hematocrit and/or hemoglobin aren't too high. 

Respected Contributor

Re: Lumify vs Visine

[ Edited ]

My eye doctor has told me (in uncertain terms) to stay away from Visine. Then again I suffer from dry eyes, not bloodshot eyes.