Honored Contributor

Re: Lumify eye drops

[ Edited ]

I just bought it from Amazon for $10.53 (the small vial)....cheaper than WM.

Drop-wise there are approx 47 drops in that small 0.08-oz vial (22 cents per drop). 

In the 0.25-oz vial  there are about 148 drops (12 cents per drop).

Trusted Contributor

My eye doctor told me "No" when I asked him about them. But I also have Dry Eye disease. The drops contain BAK (preservative) which can dry them out even more. If you have healthy eyes, they seem a better choice than Visine.

Originally joined board 12-14-2004
Contributor

My ophthalmologist recommended Lumify as the only product I should use to “get the red out”.  He cautioned me against using Visine.  I purchased  the Lumify but haven’t had an opportunity to yet use it.

Honored Contributor

There are eye drops that have been on the market for quite a few years that take the red out.  I thought this new product was on that order but with a new name.  I am not aware of the side effects of either product.  The best policy is to read the side effects and talk to the Pharmacist at your local store.

kindness is strength
Esteemed Contributor

Whenever I use Lumify, I have never had one single side effect ever,

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.
Frequent Contributor

Lumify is a brilliant product.  I use it every day and wouldn't be without it.  Besides red, the whites of my eyes also tend to be a bit yellow.  Both the redness and yellow are gone with Lumify.  Lasts longer than eight hours for me, absolutely no side effects.  Makes eye makeup look better, too.  So glad someone created this. 

Honored Contributor

@FLgardener wrote:

@Nightowlz, are the Patanol eye drops available otc? If so, what is the brand name? I have used almost all of the otc dry eye treatments, with minimal success.

My primary care dr. gave me samples of Xiidra drops and they are wonderful, but ultra-expensive even with my supplementary insurance drug plan. I have saved the last three vials for special occasions, but cannot afford the prescription.

I use Lumify only if I think my eyes will be scrutinized up close in a social situation. As another poster said, they can be a bit drying; whitening, yes.

@FLgardener 

No it's not available OTC. It's not for dry eyes. It's a mast cell stabilizer/antihistamine for itchy red watery eyes. The only eye drop I have used that works for itchy eyes. Similar OTC product for Patanol would be Zadiator.

I do use drops for dry eyes sometimes. I take fish oil which seems to help mine quite a bit.

Trusted Contributor

@Nightowlz 

Thanks. I have zaditor drops, which I use occasionally when the pollen count is high. I have multiple issues contributing to my dry eye situation.

I do take regular fish oil, red krill oil and astaxanthin on a daily basis. They help somewhat, but I have a constant battle.

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

I'm going to try it! I have chronic red eyes and I look stoned half the time...LOL! Woman LOL

@SilleeMee  That statement cracked me up, shades of 1968. LOL

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

I just used the Lumify drops today for the first time. Omg I have never seen my eyes so white in my entire life! Stuff is amazing and so far I have no side effects.