Super Contributor
On 5/11/2014 Irishrose136 said:

I know that the BB cream is popular on this board. But Paula points out that it does not protect us from aging UVA rays.

"This BB cream does not include the ingredients needed to shield your skin from the sun's entire range of damaging UVA rays, which is essential for anti-aging benefits. The sun's UVB rays are what cause sunburn, and the SPF number reflects that protection, but there is no rating for the sun's silent, though more penetrating (and in many ways more damaging), UVA rays. Any SPF-rated product should contain one or more of the following UVA-protecting ingredients listed as "active" to ensure you are getting UVA protection: avobenzone, titanium dioxide, zinc oxide, Mexoryl SX (ecamsule), or Tinosorb "

I had started a thread about sunscreens so this info has concern for me. I just bought the BB cream 2 days ago. I will be returning it to CVS. I'm looking for a BB/CC cream with adequate UVA/UVB coverage.

I always use a moisturizer with sunscreen under all BB or CC creams. I use it lightly and don't trust that I would get enough protection alone.

Super Contributor
On 5/11/2014 Kind1too said:
On 5/11/2014 Irishrose136 said:

I know that the BB cream is popular on this board. But Paula points out that it does not protect us from aging UVA rays.

"This BB cream does not include the ingredients needed to shield your skin from the sun's entire range of damaging UVA rays, which is essential for anti-aging benefits. The sun's UVB rays are what cause sunburn, and the SPF number reflects that protection, but there is no rating for the sun's silent, though more penetrating (and in many ways more damaging), UVA rays. Any SPF-rated product should contain one or more of the following UVA-protecting ingredients listed as "active" to ensure you are getting UVA protection: avobenzone, titanium dioxide, zinc oxide, Mexoryl SX (ecamsule), or Tinosorb "

I had started a thread about sunscreens so this info has concern for me. I just bought the BB cream 2 days ago. I will be returning it to CVS. I'm looking for a BB/CC cream with adequate UVA/UVB coverage.

I always use a moisturizer with sunscreen under all BB or CC creams. I use it lightly and don't trust that I would get enough protection alone.

I have a tinted moisturizer with spf 30 that I use under MU. But I bought the BB cream (CC?) in the hope that on non-MU days I could get a light coverage AND sunscreen in 1 step vs 2.

Super Contributor

Thanks for your responses. I'm thinking I'd like to try one of the vitamin c serums and the BB cream. In looking at makeupalley.com, I see several well rated vitamin c serums - the Bright Now Vitamin C BB Serum, Bright Now Vitamin C Dry Skin Cocktail, Vitamin C Energy Cocktail and the Energy Cocktail Pampering Drops. I'm very confused - not even sure that some of these are not the same. Help! If anyone has a specific product name I can look for, that would be great. Also, my skin is light and neutral and somewhat warm (not pink). Do you think the Lumene BB Cream will work for me. Thanks again.

Valued Contributor

I am a huge fan of the Lumene BB Cream. I have used it for over a year. Recently trying the Paula's Choice Tinted Moisturizer and liking it too.....but I still use Lumene. I use the medium shade. I have light neutral skin also, with no pink. It is great.

I have tried several of the Lumene cosmetic products and quite honestly, I don't think they did anything for me. I used the VitC pods for a good six months. I have become obsessed with VitC and have learned so much about it on these boards. (You should search the threads ...you will get quite and education) The VitC has be be strong enough to make it work (up to 20%), have a Ph under 10, be stored in a dark airtight bottle, and on and on. VitC must be stable and how companies do that varies. I have used, in addition to the Lumene Pods, Mad Hippie VitC with E, F and H, NCN VitC with E, F and H, and am now using Paula's Choice VitC 15 Super Booster. I love them all. For what you will pay for a Lumene VitC, you can get a much better product if you buy one of these instead, and the cost will be about the same.

Respected Contributor
On 5/11/2014 Kind1too said:
On 5/11/2014 brandiwine said:

The night cream is also fantastic. Love the vitamin C serum. The BB & CC are very nice. After about a week my skin had a very nice glow and right away I noticed how much softer my skin felt. You can get it at Walgreens on sale pretty often and you can use Ulta coupons.

Are you saying Walgreens takes Ulta coupons?

Sorry if this sounds confusing. No, you can only use Ulta coupons at Ulta.

Super Contributor

In the past, I've used both Skinceuticals Vitamin C and Obagi Vitamin C. I'm sure they were doing good things for my skin, but I never saw any brightening. Since quite a few of the Lumene reviews mentioned this, I was really interested - that plus the fact I am not spending the amounts I once did on skincare. Just wondered if anyone had good feedback on the Lumene for me. Walgreen's in my area is offering $4 off plus having another coupon for $3 made it more attractive to try right now too. All the input is much appreciated.