Esteemed Contributor

Re: Lume did not work for me....Am I the only one?

It works for me.  I love it.  I have re-upped a couple of times.  They also now sell a bar soap.  Not thinking I want that, because I have bar soaps I like from Mrs. Meyers Clean Day.  They are so softening and the bars last and last.

Lume works for me, and I'm glad it's available for me to purchase.

A Negative Mind ~ Will give you a Negative Life
Honored Contributor

If you ladies would install an extension on your computers called Adblock Plus, you'll never see another ad.  I never knew You Tube had ads!  It was because of Adblock Plus.  Now I subscribe to YT (no ads).  I'm not on FB but I know it blocks those ads too.  I don't see any ads to the right of this forum...I think someone said there are ads here.  ABP is free.

Respected Contributor

I use it on my feet when I don't wear socks.  I find it to be a satisfatory product.

Respected Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

Lume works by altering the skin's pH (with AHA mandelic acid, the active ingredient in Lume) so that bacteria won't grow and stink up the joint. But in order for that to happen there needs to be a clean slate to begin with. In other words, disinfecting the area well before applying the deodorant will help the deodorant do it's job. Try a little disinfecting wash or diluted 70% alcohol before applying the Lume.

If it changes the skin pH, would this be an option for "old people smell" ?

Honored Contributor

@granddi wrote:

@SilleeMee wrote:

Lume works by altering the skin's pH (with AHA mandelic acid, the active ingredient in Lume) so that bacteria won't grow and stink up the joint. But in order for that to happen there needs to be a clean slate to begin with. In other words, disinfecting the area well before applying the deodorant will help the deodorant do it's job. Try a little disinfecting wash or diluted 70% alcohol before applying the Lume.

If it changes the skin pH, would this be an option for "old people smell" ?

@granddi 

Since Lume changes the skin's pH slightly, then it could have an effect on that but I'm not sure just how much.

Valued Contributor

@gertrudecloset wrote:

It works for me.  I love it.  I have re-upped a couple of times.  They also now sell a bar soap.  Not thinking I want that, because I have bar soaps I like from Mrs. Meyers Clean Day.  They are so softening and the bars last and last.

Lume works for me, and I'm glad it's available for me to purchase.

I have used the bar soap and the body wash. I like them, but they don't have the bubble factor I want. And they aren't cheap. So I use my regular soap (Yardley Lavender) and use the Lume Unscented cream deodorant. 

I've used this product for over 2 years and it's probably the best "internet" product I've ever bought.

Frequent Contributor

Have not tried Lume but do use aluminum free deodorant from Native and it works great.  I order online and there are a bunch of nice fragrances. 

Respected Contributor

I use MALIN & GOETZ Eucalyptus,  it's not inexpensive,  but it LAST SO LONG and is fabulous.  My sister gave me a trial size to try and I'm still using it after MONTHS!  It's the only deodorant I'll use now.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I have it in the Vanilla scent which is very light and smells nice.  Since it is a deodorant and NOT anti-perspirant I know it will not stop or lessen sweating.  It does help on days where I can't use my normal product due to rash developing.  My skin is very sensitive and rotating products helps with that.

But the OP did say she only noticed slight odor under 1 arm the following morning.  I would say that's decent product performance.  I would NEVER believe 72hrs for any under arm product LOL!  

Washing daily and if you workout or sweat doing other activities...then washing again and applying fresh product (whatever that may be) is crucial so you do not smell.  

I have never used this product in other areas of the body...but I don't see a issue with that...if it helps and works for you that's great.

Esteemed Contributor

@Mindy D 

She's certainly NOT the type of OB-GYN physician I'd ever consider going to! All physicians I've ever gone to (male or female) are/have been professional in demeanor, speach and appearance.

She's too rough around the edges, loud, obnoxious and vile to be considered professional in the medical clinics I've gone to for OB-GYN annual check-ups or care (in large cities in the US over the years as we moved from state to state).

I would have walked out if a medical professional was "in my face" or spoke like she does! She sounds and behaves like a loose barfly or tired trucker on a sitcom.

She's an insult to all women who may need help. 

Money screams; wealth whispers.