Honored Contributor

Re: Lucite Box for All My Palettes

@moonandthestars 

Well the palettes ARE colorful Smiley Happy  The sink is by Oceana by JSG.  Color is Crystal Reflections.  DH has one in his bathroom too but his is a copper color.  They are lit from underneath.  The light wasn't on in the picture.  I'm very happy with them.  They can withstand boiling water but I've never poured boiling water down them.  They make kitchen sinks out of the same borosilicate glass.

Honored Contributor

@CoffeeNut 

The palette in the lower right corner is from Viseart.  It's the Violette Etendu palette.

Honored Contributor

@monicakm wrote:

@CoffeeNut  (fyi, WM has just discontinued my favorite cold brew).  Just shoot me Smiley Sad

Favorite palette.  I just can't answer that.  It changes.  I just grabbed 4 that I've been using mostly lately

palettes.jpg

That Blush Crush palette from ColourPop has caught my eye on more than one occasion. 

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@moonandthestars  They often have these kinds containers at places like TJMAXX, Home Goods, and Marshall's for a decent price, as well as Amazon.  Costco online has several set configurations under the name iDESIGN. 

Trusted Contributor

Your palettes look great!  I loved those clear boxes!  I'll need to check out WM.  i've been lucky and found some at Home Goods in a variety of sizes.  

Honored Contributor

@monicakm 

Thanks for sharing!  That gives me some ideas for storing my make-up in my beauty supply room.  I detest Walmart, but that gives me a valid excuse to go!

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Respected Contributor

@monicakm I am so impressed with the sinks.  I never even heard of or thought of backlit or underlit sinks.  I'm a huge fan of things that light - so this is definitely something I'm going to look into. Is the lighting something that you imagined and had put together?  Or is that something that the company that makes the sinks has as an option for installation?  It's very magical. 

when do you find yourself using the light?

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@moonandthestars 

My husband is in construction and works with interior designers.  I work with them too but not in an official (aka paid) position.  After my dad retired as a commercial pilot, he was a building contractor.  I love the business from the ground up.  Honestly I can't remember if I saw the backlit sinks on the Oceana website or where I got the idea.  I know onyx is often backlit.  Maybe that's what gave me the idea or just "in the biz".  I have a this light strip around the rim of the sink, underneath.  Like you I LOVE lighting!  My tagline in various building forums use to be "It's all about the lighting"  This is my favorite brand.  You can buy less expensive smart strip lighting but this brand is rock solid and drama free.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@moonandthestars 

I forgot...I usually have it on at night on like 10%.  One setting is candlelight and the orangy-yellow color flickers like candlelight.  When I'm bathing, I'll have it on 50% and the chandy on low over the bathtub.  It's how a poor woman baths by candlelight.