Respected Contributor
I never thought I would say this, but I think the mousse may be one of my new favorite Wen products. I have been using it for about two weeks now. I love the way it smoothes and holds my style without making my hair crunchy. It also adds great shine to my hair. I tried it once before, but didn't like it because I used too much. I have found that just 4-6 pumps is just enough for me. When I used too much, it made my hair feel dry and poofy. I am really liking it now. I wanted to give it another chance and I'm glad I did. I use the cc as a leave in, apply one pump of styling creme, and then add the mousse. I use 2-3 pumps on the crown and 2-3 pumps on the midshaft and ends.
Smiley Happy Hilary
Wen girl for 10 years!!
Trusted Contributor

So glad you're liking the mousse now!

Which formula are you using? I think our hair types are similar, that's why I'm curious. I only have the 613 mousse, and I don't use it everyday because I don't want to overdo it on the amino acids.

I think I'm going to try it in LAV next.

Super Contributor
I have Pom and 613, but I use 613 all of the time because it makes my hair so shinny , more than the Pom does.
Trusted Contributor
On 6/22/2014 Angel1948 said: I have Pom and 613, but I use 613 all of the time because it makes my hair so shinny , more than the Pom does.

Is that the only difference that you notice between the two? Or does the 613 give better hold, volume, etc?

I (sometimes) use the mousse when blow drying, but I primarily use it when air drying for beachy waves. I've only tried the 613, none of the others.

Contributor

I have the Lavender mousse and can't say that I'm lovin it as I'm not getting any volume. I do love the Lavender cleansing creme and am on my third gallon as it's done wonders for my hair. But, I may not be using enough of the mousse according to Hilary77 stating she uses 4-6 pumps. I will bump it up at my next cleanse and see if it works better. I am glad Hilary77 that you found what works for you!

Super Contributor
I haven't used the Pom mousse in so long I can't remember about the volume, I do have very short hair so neither one gives me loads of volume ,they have to help though, I do use quite a few pumps to, probably at least 5
Trusted Contributor
On 6/22/2014 HighL said:

I have the Lavender mousse and can't say that I'm lovin it as I'm not getting any volume. I do love the Lavender cleansing creme and am on my third gallon as it's done wonders for my hair. But, I may not be using enough of the mousse according to Hilary77 stating she uses 4-6 pumps. I will bump it up at my next cleanse and see if it works better. I am glad Hilary77 that you found what works for you!

Yeah, when I blow dry and use the mousse, I use at least 4-6 pumps, probably more. Try adding more and see if you get the results you're looking for.

Also, the Volumizing Treatment Spray is my "go to" for volume. When I want big hair, I mix it in with my styling cream and apply throughout the length of my hair. Then, I spray on my fingertips and apply directly at the roots.

Trusted Contributor
On 6/22/2014 Angel1948 said: I haven't used the Pom mousse in so long I can't remember about the volume, I do have very short hair so neither one gives me loads of volume ,they have to help though, I do use quite a few pumps to, probably at least 5

Thanks for the response! I haven't tried any of the core mousses, thinking about the LAV, since I like the smell of it so much, and I like the LAV styling cream.

Respected Contributor

I have never used the mousse and am planning on ordering the SHP mousse when it is available. I may eventually order the 613 mousse but I am not sure that I really need it.

Honored Contributor

I use the 613 mousse and my curls stay perfect all day and into day 2. A few days ago I received my Summer Honey Peach mousse and I must say my 613 has taken a back seat to it!

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.