Honored Contributor

Re: Loving SKINN'S Orchid Gel Primer!!!!

On 9/3/2014 tototwo said:

The only Skinn primer I've ever used is the Brightside shade that came in a kit 2 months ago. I can't decide if I like it or not so I'm interested in all your reviews. I quit using it because it was a layer I didn't need and it made my makeup feel heavy and thick, like a mask. Is there a secret to applying it? Even a very thin layer was too much for me. Help?

I mix this primer in with my bb cream. Seems to work well for me. Also got the 3 piece primer set and I seal in my night time products with it too. That way it all stays on my face and not on my pillow.

Respected Contributor

On 9/7/2014 wagirl said:
On 9/3/2014 tototwo said:

The only Skinn primer I've ever used is the Brightside shade that came in a kit 2 months ago. I can't decide if I like it or not so I'm interested in all your reviews. I quit using it because it was a layer I didn't need and it made my makeup feel heavy and thick, like a mask. Is there a secret to applying it? Even a very thin layer was too much for me. Help?

I mix this primer in with my bb cream. Seems to work well for me. Also got the 3 piece primer set and I seal in my night time products with it too. That way it all stays on my face and not on my pillow.

Ditto. I mix the Brightside with Trish McEvoy BB cream. It helps to eliminate the slight shine in that product which I do not like.

On days when I am not wearing the BB cream, I apply the Brightside, then take my custom-blended mix of Bare Minerals original powder foundation and Mineral Veil (I make my own) and apply it over top. I don't use a brush. I take one of those triangular makeup sponges, dip it into the powder, and press it on top of the Brightside. I end up with a very natural look that lasts all day.

I also tried the Orchid Gel in the purple form, as a base underneath my other liquid foundations. I had some foundations (Mally, Laura Geller) that I purchased some time ago and which I was very close to discarding until I tried using them over top of the Orchid Gel. They seemed too heavy and opaque, and the Laura Geller product seems to be too shiny. I can wear them if I apply over or mix with Orchid Gel.

I'm very happy that I purchased the trio of Orchid Gel products. It seems kind of counterintuitive to purchase a beauty product when I am compacting and trying to eliminate my stash, but the Orchid Gel actually helps me get the use out of previous purchases.

Valued Contributor

I've heard of sealing in your night time products with a primer, I think from Mally. Maybe I will give this a try since the Orchid Tint is so incredibly light.

Honored Contributor

On 9/7/2014 virgosun said:

I've heard of sealing in your night time products with a primer, I think from Mally. Maybe I will give this a try since the Orchid Tint is so incredibly light.

I heard that from Laura Gellar. Works really well. You just have to let the other things dry good and then apply the primer and let that dry before bed. I start maybe an hour before my head hits the pillow.

Esteemed Contributor

I have both kinds of Orchid gel and they are both very nice. The Lavender is probably the one I grab most though.

Regular Contributor

Any info on the next TSV? I was hoping it will contain orchard gel that has a good review.

Trusted Contributor

I have the orchid gel and why does it look purplish on my nose??? I liked his older product better. What am I doing wrong with this??

Super Contributor

Do you ladies layer the Treatment Seal and the Gel Tint? I am just wondering as it is sold together in the Trio on the site.

Super Contributor

Bump
Honored Contributor

Skinn has great products, I wonder if they know they are being discussed on another shopping channels forum!