Valued Contributor

Love the new pointy nail look, have you seen any press on nails?

I adore this look, it just is so retro. My nails wont grow, I dont so salon nails, so has anybody seen press ons in this style?????

Trusted Contributor

Re: Love the new pointy nail look, have you seen any press on nails?

Just Google any style you're interested in, such as "press on stilleto nails" or "press on coffin nails", etc.  A bunch come up under the shopping tab on Google search.

Honored Contributor

I don't like that pointy nail look at all but I'm 57 and to me it looks old fashioned.  My mother and her friend wore their nails like that when I was a child.  Red in winter, pink in summer.  But, I suppose it's a fresh "new" look to women who are under 40.

Honored Contributor

This has been a look now for the last couple of years.  I don't care for these nails at all. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I've seen the look  but no one I know likes it or has their nails like that. I personally think it looks awful. Not a fan at all. 

But yes, I saw some pointy looking press on type nails at the store just the other day in fact. So they do exist. 

Honored Contributor

The pointy nail look? I think it looks just horrible! Nothing attractive about it at all. I love doing my own nails and make it a point to try all the new styles but pointy nails? Nope not gonna do it. 

"Pure Michigan"
Esteemed Contributor

Yeah, I am not crazy about this look either and the only people I see wearing this look are entertainers. I do see the Ballet shoe look or Casket (Ive heard both of those names) but usually only on girls who are in their teens to early 20s. I have a lot of nail techs as friends, just working in the beauty industry so long I guess. They say too that most who wear that style are in teens to 20s. 

One thing about the pointy style especially on real nails is that they break alot easier. 

I do facials so I can't risk having my nails gouging out someones eye.

Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.
JFK
Respected Contributor

Eek, they aren't nails, they are claws. Not good to me.

Valued Contributor

OK, so I'm in Ulta today and as I walked in, I was greeted by a young male employee.  When I finished shopping, he cashed me out at the register.  He had those long pointed nails that had sparkles all over them.  They were pale pink with yellow stripes.  I had never seen these nails before and don't like  this look at all whether worn by male or female.  They were very pointy and looked dangerous.

Trusted Contributor

I think the "pointy nails" have been on trend for a couple of years now.  Everyone is entitled to their own opinion and mine is pointed nails look terrible.  It looks like the women who wear them never learned the proper way to file their nails.