Honored Contributor

Re: Love the Beauty posters!

@monicakm wrote:

@Shanus 

What about 18 months?  I'm not in the QVC loop.

@monicakm   Think we're estimating 18 months during "lockdown" for many when we were left without businesses, places to go, friends to see.....

Honored Contributor

@JudyL 

I see.  It's been a wonderful outlet and bonding for me too since having a knee that has kept me housebound a lot.  

Esteemed Contributor

Like you @JudyL the forums have been good to me during the pandemic.  I wonder if QVC may change plans.

They had said in the last quarterly report that they wanted to increase customer engagement.  My sense is they think if we move to facebook, they can snatch new customers from our "friends", you know how the hosts say to "click like" in their facebook page.  That way, we promote them.  But I don't think it will be the same in facebook.  Many of us share our troubles here.  Will not be happening in a facebook public page.  Too toxic a place.  No one will want to be exposed and targeted. We feel more protected here.

Valued Contributor

I signed up at delphiforums dot com in case people from here do migrate there.  I found this info. from the lovely ladies on the Handbag Forum.

FYI only if anyone is intersted. I'm literally copying and pasting...

"Some people are talking about migrating to: the Wisteria Lane Forum over on Delphi Forums.

Wisteria Lane Welcomes Us... [ New ]

Just registered, and asked if we were welcome to "migrate" over there as the QVC Refugees...

This was the response I got:

Yes, everyone is welcome here!

This is a moderated forum, so we are able to keep spammers at bay.  I have already given you "Voice" so you can post freely without moderation.  You may need to log out of Delphi completely, and log back in again, for the voice privileges to take effect.

Anyone that comes here from the QVC boards will be given immediate voice privileges.

I'm open to any suggestions you and the others have to make this an easy transition.

Welcome, and we're happy to have you!

After I went to the DelphiForums site, I searched using Wisteria Lane. There was one result with a link. I clicked on it and then saw QVC Refugees. There may be a more direct way, but that's what I found."

A big thank you to the ladies on the handbag forum.  This info. is very helpful!!! 

Honored Contributor

I will miss all the beauty tips & tricks as well as insight from others on beauty products.  It's a shame.

Aloha QVC beauties.  I enjoyed our camaraderie!

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Honored Contributor

Will we be able to post pictures, LINKS to products and You Tube videos on the Delphi site?

Honored Contributor

@SurferWife 

Are  you going over to the Delphi forum?  Please do!

Honored Contributor

@monicakm 

I will check it out.  I think I was on Delphi a few years back with a bible study group, but there wasn't much interaction so it kind of went by the wayside.  I'll see if I still have an account.  This forum & the WEN forum were my favorites!

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Honored Contributor

@monicakm 

Yep, sure enough I had a Delphi account!  I changed my display name to Surfer Wife so everyone who wants to interact with me will see my old QVC nickname.

Honored Contributor

@SurferWife 

Great!  I have an old one too.  Name is pretty much the same but I'll change it to match my name here.